As the topic says.... If the Storm sells out this Friday, when would one expect to see more in stock? My concern is I have one of these early upgrade fliers that are only good until Dec 1st. I don't have to have a Storm on launch day but I definitely have to get one before Dec 1st.
    11-19-08 11:38 AM
    i was also wondering this??? verizon reps??
    11-19-08 11:38 AM
    it will probably be some time early next week whenever they get a new shipment, maybe tuesday or so
    (just a guess)
    11-19-08 11:50 AM
    Yesterday they said they would order one for you in the store. And ship it to you. If it's backordered that might be another story.
    11-19-08 11:51 AM
    talked to my verizon rep, he said they would order just as soon as they sold out but would expect them to be sold through the holidays and could order one for a customer with a 2-3 day shipping wait.
    11-19-08 12:12 PM
    I was at verizon today and they said it they weren't sure exactly how many they were getting, they were anticipating about 100 but couldn't be sure. All i know is that while i was there checking out the storm (see my other post), the phone was blowing up with people asking about it. They had 4 people answering the phone and they just kept saying. "yes the 21st.", "Yes we'll be getting the storm." I felt bad for them.
    11-19-08 12:18 PM
    I was at verizon today and they said it they weren't sure exactly how many they were getting, they were anticipating about 100 but couldn't be sure. All i know is that while i was there checking out the storm (see my other post), the phone was blowing up with people asking about it. They had 4 people answering the phone and they just kept saying. "yes the 21st.", "Yes we'll be getting the storm." I felt bad for them.
    Why on earth would you feel bad for them ? It's their JOB !!!!!
    11-19-08 12:21 PM
    Why on earth would you feel bad for them ? It's their JOB !!!!!
    I felt bad for them because they were understaffed and spent most of the time fielding these calls. The store had tons of people in it as well.
    11-19-08 12:24 PM
    I was at my verizon store today and was told if they run out you could order one and they would overnight it to your house free of charge. Take it for what its worth.
    11-19-08 12:46 PM
    I just talked with a friend of mine that is a store manager and he confirmed what Cougr said. If the stores run out they will be able to order one for you. I didn't ask about the overnight free though.
    11-19-08 01:03 PM
    The store near me said they had no idea how many they would get. I'm 18th on the list. The guy said if I didn't get one Friday it would be shipped and I'd get it Saturday.

He said he'd call at 7am to let me know one way or the other.

...I wonder how the phones are actually arriving, FedEx to the door at 6:59 ???
    11-19-08 01:10 PM
    The store near me said they had no idea how many they would get. I'm 18th on the list. The guy said if I didn't get one Friday it would be shipped and I'd get it Saturday.

He said he'd call at 7am to let me know one way or the other.

...I wonder how the phones are actually arriving, FedEx to the door at 6:59 ???
    When I ordered the Curve back in May I had it overnighted Saturday. It arrived around 1pm. I was freaking out too, the tracking was showing that it was still in Kentucky and I was in Michigan!!

P.S. - Yes, it was FedEx.
    11-19-08 01:35 PM
    FEDEX whoot whoot ... or just go to a verizon store and not worrie about it !
    11-19-08 01:38 PM
    FEDEX whoot whoot ... or just go to a verizon store and not worrie about it !

That's definitely #1 choice but if they sell out, overnight FedEx will be my #2 option.
    11-19-08 01:46 PM
    I'm ordering mine off the net. I was asking the rep if i could get it on Saturday and she said yes. Now here's the problem I've read plenty post where there may not be enough to go around. Stores are doing the list first, then first come first serve, then filling internet orders. I can't get a straight answer.
    11-19-08 01:47 PM
    When I ordered the Curve back in May I had it overnighted Saturday. It arrived around 1pm. I was freaking out too, the tracking was showing that it was still in Kentucky and I was in Michigan!!

P.S. - Yes, it was FedEx.
    I was wondering more about how the phone will get to the VZW stores. Are FedEx trucks out that early?
    11-19-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD