In my opinion, one thing no one seems to talk about that apple did with iphone 3g which is just fantastic is allow current iphone customers to upgrade at the reduced price even if their contract is not over. I really hope RIM pulls this off with the thunder so I can upgrade from my 8830 to the thunder right when it comes out. Otherwise I�m still stuck waiting around 10 months before I can get a new phone. If apple is intending to always let new iphones go for the lower price with renewing contract, that might seriously push me to them even though i prefer blackberry. Im sick of having to wait for the full contract to get another phone at the reduced price.
    07-16-08 12:28 PM
    I doubt it will happen, especially with greedy Verizon.
    07-16-08 12:30 PM
    That wasn't Apple's doing, it's AT&T's.
    07-16-08 09:12 PM
    I doubt it will happen, especially with greedy Verizon.
    yeah verizon is the suck... although they have tons of touchscreen phones now
    07-17-08 11:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-17-08 11:35 PM
    If RIM wants to stay on top, get a monster battery to slap on the back of the new Bold. I am getting rid of my new iphone in the morning and coming back to my Curve and Verizon. I know, I know many don't like Verizon but no other carrier will work in my office.
    07-18-08 12:06 AM
    One thing to remember about the iPhone is that it was not really subsidized. All early adopters paid the full price as I recall.

The new one is a different formula.

If you have a carrier subsidized phone its likely the same rules will apply as normal. Its not Verizon being greedy, this time.

I'm still irritated at the gps thing but its not a feature I'm willing to pay extra for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD