Sorry if this has been answered before - I tried to search and even with checking this site throughout the day I'm sure I miss a lot!

But anyways... I currently have a Treo 700w with data block. If I get the Storm and then decided to return it for whatever reason and go back to my Treo - can I still have my data block in effect or will I then be forced to pay the data fee?

I was a little confused on Verizon's new policy and wasn't sure because it would be an old (very old) phone and I have data blocked currently.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!
    -Dan
    11-20-08 04:54 PM
    I think the best thing to do is call CS.
    11-20-08 04:56 PM
    you will have to get the new data plans .
    11-20-08 04:58 PM
    not entirely sure you'll be able to go back... but i have another idea that could help you. add a second line to your plan, and put the storm on it. try it out. if you dont like it, before the 30 day trial is up, cancel the phone and the extra line. if you like it, then swap it over to your own line, but you will not be able to do a data block on the new phone.
    11-20-08 05:18 PM
    I do know if you return your Verizon will charge you a $35 restocking fee.
    11-20-08 05:52 PM
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I don't mind paying for data on the storm - it is just my old treo with the small screen that I wasn't so hot into paying. I'm eligible for NE2 and being on a family plan have VIP so maybe that'll help me. I didn't want to lose my $100 NE2 credit if I open it up on a new line first.

I guess I'll just have to make sure I try it out for a while in the store before I get it. The manager at the local one here said he wasn't able to take it out or even show it to me (or show me any of the accessories for it) until tomorrow.
    11-20-08 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD