If my parent ordered my storm at a VZW retailer and repair center, can I bring it back to them, with the reciept and they will exchange it for me in the store no questions asked? I want to start fresh new with this phone, but I also lost my USB cable, will this matter? Will they give me the phone with a new one?

thanks
    01-13-09 10:12 AM
    Well you just can't walk in and say I want a new phone. There must be something wrong with the hardware to warrant an exchange.
    01-13-09 10:14 AM
    will it be a problem with .86? I assume so.. but just to make sure
    01-13-09 10:18 AM
    If you are returning the phone just reload the official VZW OS .75
    01-13-09 10:22 AM
    well, again I dont have the data cable, which led me to my other question, of if I DID return it, would they give me a new one in the box? or something else, like just the phone
    01-13-09 10:24 AM
    Don't know........how long have you had it? Or you may want to call them. You can get a data cable cheap....
    01-13-09 10:26 AM
    If you got it within 30 days, you'll get a new one if they feel that it needs to be replaced. Since you lost the data cable, it all depends on if the rep will take a look and make sure everything is in there. If they dont, you'll get the data cable. If they notice you're missing it, they'll take it out of the new one and put it inside the box you returned. So you still end up without a data cable or they might just charge you for it. As I stated, all depends on the rep. More than likely, they wont look.
    01-13-09 10:28 AM
    You can do an OTA upgrade to get back to .75

My suggestion would be to buy a data cable.

They might not give you a new Storm but they might give you a refurb.
    01-13-09 10:33 AM
    I cant do an OTA to .75, I tried, but it says that there is no upgrade on my phone available

Im just going to try to HOPEFULLY get a data cable from my friend to borrow
    I ordered one for $5 w/ shipping from amazon, but my problem is it comes in a week... I dont have long.. I just want to rewipe the phone and reinstall .86, since half the stuff isn't working, I just hope that wiping it will work..
    I'd just rather have the new phone because thats how I am, If I had a new car and i had a tiny scratch that can buff right out, Id want a new car lol
    01-13-09 10:37 AM
    How did you put .86 on? It just came out the other night. Did you lose it already or did you borrow it from your friend?
    01-13-09 10:39 AM
    I installed it at the library since I only had Mac, Then Left, Took it out the computer, but I was pretty sure it was in my coat pocket... Well I got home it wasnt there.. I had it with my 16G flash drive.. thank god I found that on my car floor! but the wire.. no where to be found...

And now my friennd said he MIGHt have one, he doesn't know
    01-13-09 10:44 AM
    well, again I dont have the data cable, which led me to my other question, of if I DID return it, would they give me a new one in the box? or something else, like just the phone
    at my store they have a list of prices for the different pieces missing. if your missing something, they will just take off the difference when giving you a new one. I believe the data cable is like $20. I think you'll be fine returning it with out the data cable... tell them to keep the new one from the new box, and you just be stuck without one.
    01-13-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD