I activated my new Verizon account last Saturday, and am having second thoughts about the Storm. So far the software is crap, and I feel in time the phone is going to give out; either the screen, or the internals. Does anyone know if there are any hidden gimmicks with Verizon "test the network" deal? It reads I can return my phone, and basically they will credit me back, and not charge me for anything?! I just wanted to make sure if this was correct, and if anyone has actually left Verizon in a 30day test the network period?

I am looking at the Bold on the ATT network. FYI.
    12-23-08 08:30 PM
    just return the phone
    12-23-08 08:32 PM
    yeah just return it, and you should be fine, there might be like a 35 dollar restocking fee which i have heard of but its not in every case.
    12-23-08 08:38 PM
    Sorry to hear about your poor decision. Good luck with AT&T
    12-23-08 08:56 PM
    The Bold is the superior handset. AT& T is comprable to Verizon sofar as network connectivity, and if you get sick of the Bold you can always get the IPhone.
    12-23-08 09:31 PM
    Sorry to hear about your poor decision. Good luck with AT&T
    It's his decision to make, and you are NOBODY to decide whether it's poor or not. The Storm isn't for everyone, it certainly wasn't for me. I'm not going to bash the device, nor will I pass bad judgment on anyone who dislikes a product I happen to be using and enjoying (Curve).

To answer your question Pagan, there will most likely be a restocking fee, but you won't be charged for any usage. I had left Verizon during the test drive a couple years back, and all I was charged was the restocking fee on the phone. But good luck with the Bold. Only reason I didn't last a week with AT&T and the Bold, is because my house is smack in between an EDGE and a 3G tower, so my phone was constantly switching between the two, and was told it was definitely wreaking havoc with my battery life and call quality.
    12-23-08 09:34 PM
    The bold is a great device. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 09:38 PM
    The bold is a great device. Good luck.

That it is. Enjoy the Bold!
    12-23-08 09:43 PM
    The Bold is the superior handset. AT& T is comprable to Verizon sofar as network connectivity, and if you get sick of the Bold you can always get the IPhone.

By who's standards?

and as far as AT&T and Verizon having the same network connectivity, that is totally dependent on where you live...

Here in New York, i feel in MY opinion, Verizon is the dominant carrier...
    12-23-08 09:44 PM
    good luck with the bold
    12-23-08 09:44 PM
    By who's standards?

and as far as AT&T and Verizon having the same network connectivity, that is totally dependent on where you live...

Yep. But I believe that both Verizon and AT&T are good in NY.
    12-23-08 09:46 PM
    I am also tempted to ditch the plan and buy an iphone off of ebay or something or someone on this forum who may be selling one. As of so far im not really impressed and my priorities are in the apps, thats something about any computer device that I like. Even when I used to play world of warcraft I always had tonnes of mods. And as for my own computer I have a lot of ui enhancements and such that makes it very aesthetically pleasing. I do understand the fact that the phone just came out. It just doesent have much that satisfies me as much as I thought it would. So if any of you have a iphone3g I might be willing to buy it.
    12-23-08 10:42 PM
    go with Sprint, save money!
    12-23-08 10:46 PM
    By who's standards?

x1000

To the OP, if you're really worried about it, just get rid of it otherwise you risk being really upset later on.

My apologies that the phone isn't working out for you. I'm fortunate I guess and have a great device.

Keep in mind that the OS issues will be fixed over time and it took the iPhone a year to have nice apps available via the iTunes store (RIM's version will be released in March).

If you already have a faulty device and don't want to deal with the headache, then just return it.
    12-23-08 11:01 PM
    go with Sprint, save money!
    My uncle and I are on a plan together, he will pay for my phone plan I will just have to pay for the text/data. So either A. stick with this phone. B. get some other phone thru verizon or C. Get an iPhone and just use that on the plan.
    Last edited by evulhotdog; 12-23-08 at 11:08 PM.
    12-23-08 11:01 PM
    You should be very happy with the bold from the reviews ive been reading! My lil sis has att and she's very happy with it. Goodluck!
    12-23-08 11:18 PM
    I've also been considering returning my Storm, I'm just not satisfied with it. I haven't had as many issues as others, the only real complaint I have is the amount of LAG! If RIM could make this run nearly as smooth and fluent as the iPhone, it'd be 10x BETTER than the iPhone!

On another subject, I played with a Storm today at the mall and it seemed to be running very smooth on .75 and with only 17 mb of free app memory. I have .83 with 36 mb of memory and mines not running nearly as smooth. Any ideas why? I'll be receiving a new or refurbished Storm soon as I have a dead pixel, hopefully the screen click is better.

12-23-08 11:30 PM
    I activated my new Verizon account last Saturday, and am having second thoughts about the Storm. So far the software is crap, and I feel in time the phone is going to give out; either the screen, or the internals. Does anyone know if there are any hidden gimmicks with Verizon "test the network" deal? It reads I can return my phone, and basically they will credit me back, and not charge me for anything?! I just wanted to make sure if this was correct, and if anyone has actually left Verizon in a 30day test the network period?

I am looking at the Bold on the ATT network. FYI.
    To have eeverything paid for (except purchases ie ringtones etc) you dont return your phone YET, first go to ATT and port your Verizon number over, then go to verizon and return your equipment and receive refund for that. The verizon contract will be terminated once you port and then everything should get credited on an updated bill.

If you dont port your number to ATT you are liable for all charges incurred with verizon.
    12-23-08 11:37 PM
    i had verizon for years... i switched to AT&T for the iphone, my service was terrible.

My opinion: at&t has better devices. If i could bounce between a bold and an iphone i TOTALLY would. I stick with verizon for one reason. Their coverage is SO much better for me. I really really hated AT&T.

I think the storm is okay. it will get better with time. I prefer both the Bold AND the iphone. i think both are better than the storm. BUT for me, i need verizon and can deal with a storm.

CDMA iphone is only about 18 months away. i hope.
    12-23-08 11:45 PM
    bye now....
    12-23-08 11:46 PM
    Good luck with your Bold.
    12-23-08 11:59 PM
    So would there be any problem with buying an iPhone3g and just using it on the verizon network with the data plan?
    12-24-08 11:19 AM
    Iphone are GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Incompatible networks.
    12-24-08 11:31 AM
    Iphone are GSM and Verizon is CDMA. Incompatible networks.
    thanks

10char
    12-24-08 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD