if this storm2 actually came out in a few months as rumored, would Verizon screw all of us original storm customers out of getting a decent new OS. because a new version came out?
    04-07-09 10:04 AM
    your handle is appropriate....

the life of a phone is about a yr..which i why you are allowed a upgrade each yr. late 09 (which is what the blogs say)for an upgraded device is about right on schedule
    04-07-09 10:13 AM
    If you want my guess I would say that any new OS that was put out for the Storm 2 would be backwards compatible. However, it might be created for the Storm 2 itself so it may not function the same. It would be interesting to see what happens as the time comes if the rumor is true anyway.
    04-07-09 10:15 AM
    Look at the 8XXX devices. Even after the launch of the 9000 and 95XX devices they were still getting VERY good 4.5 OS updates. 5.0 is in the works for them as well.
    04-07-09 10:15 AM
    Ide love to get the storm 2 but ide hate to be just as disappointed. I love my storm n wouldn't go n e other way but its lacking in areas. Will. The storm 2 get it done right. The world will never know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 11:16 AM
    if storm 2 comes out IMO it is obvious the new OS (provided there is one) would be available to current storm owners. The same way when the new i-phone came out the new software was also available to the first gen owners.
    04-07-09 11:18 AM
    It still sucks for current Storm owners though because VZW is still pushing the Storm like its the next big thing, and if the Storm 2 really does come out by the end of this year there will be a lot of disappointed Storm owners way out of their 30-day return period. Especially if certain hardware and software issues are addressed.
    04-07-09 11:33 AM
    i'm still within my 30 day return period.. the storm isn't perfect but i like it... with the news of the new storm releasing i've been trying to decide if i should keep this one or wait till s2 releases.. anyone know if the OS will get updated with the release of the new phone?
    04-07-09 12:11 PM
    i'm still within my 30 day return period.. the storm isn't perfect but i like it... with the news of the new storm releasing i've been trying to decide if i should keep this one or wait till s2 releases.. anyone know if the OS will get updated with the release of the new phone?
    No one really knows!
    04-07-09 12:22 PM
    The Storm requires a hardware revision to solve its performance problems.
    04-07-09 12:40 PM
    Att pushed 2g iphone right before 3g launched.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 12:50 PM
    I hope they give Storm owners a $100 upgrade offer like Apple did for iPhone owners! If not ill take a family members 2 year upgrade and give them my old Storm, they will be happy with it considering they have generic Verizon phones. Win/Win situation.
    04-07-09 01:23 PM
    your handle is appropriate....

the life of a phone is about a yr..which i why you are allowed a upgrade each yr. late 09 (which is what the blogs say)for an upgraded device is about right on schedule
    i hope so. haha.

i love my storm but hate it at the same time
    04-07-09 01:44 PM
    The Storm requires a hardware revision to solve its performance problems.
    Care to elaborate? it's my understanding that is the actual use of the hardware from the OS and such that prevents the device from greatness...unused processing, graphics, memory, etc.
    04-07-09 02:05 PM
    I hope they give Storm owners a $100 upgrade offer like Apple did for iPhone owners! If not ill take a family members 2 year upgrade and give them my old Storm, they will be happy with it considering they have generic Verizon phones. Win/Win situation.

The only problem with giving your old storm to a family member who doesn't already have a smartphone is that your bill will go up by $30 or so
    04-07-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD