lol yeah cpt , i will make sure to remember ya ! lol, lol how was your little get away ???

and in regards to the last post... ^^^ its not just a door its a grounding point.
    01-04-09 10:38 PM
    Unless you are Mick Marrs and can't HOLD a phone to your head for more than 10 minutes at a time, I can't believe you are seriously complaining about the weight of the battery door. I mean, are you serious?! Please go weigh that thing and then come back and let me know how you plan to replace the rigidity and and strength that thing provides with something lighter.

Titanium or Adamantium or Unobtainium are about the only metals that would provide strength without the weight. BTW, the last two metals are fictional, imaginary, FANTASY LAND metals that don't exist.
    You think Mithril would work?
    01-04-09 10:41 PM
    Whatever. I would understand if the battery door fell off and could bruise the skin of someone in good health if it hit them in the arm or something, but it isn't heavy, not even remotely heavy. And I'm talking relative to what it is, not in generalities.

It's tantamount to asking that the mic piece hole you speak into on the phone be increased from .05 to .07 when there would be virtually zero difference in the call. Asking for replacement doors is one thing, but asking for something lighter than what is currently on the phone?

For someone to say they can notice the difference when talking on the phone for a difference of small increments in ounces is silly. A good replacement door that MAY reduce the overall weight of the phone by 2-3 ounces at the most AND still provide the strength needed would not be noticeable if it were replaced and no one said anything to the owner, in my opinion.
    01-04-09 10:44 PM
    Mitrhil! Now THAT would work. But only if the Drwarfs could refine it for us. They're a very angry race and keep to themselves. Not to mention they delve deep into the mines....the mines of Moria.
    01-04-09 10:45 PM
    Well, if the door is metal to provide shielding, you could make a plastic door and line it with metal tape (like is used to shield guitar electronics). Personally I like the metal door, it feels sturdy, well built, and it's nice to see something not all plastic for once. Plus the metal seems pretty resistant to scratching.
    I agree, I hate plastic cheap products.
    01-04-09 10:47 PM
    You guys are being wusses the phone isn't that heavy and I happen to like the heavier feel because its sturdy. How could you get tired from holding your phone, how weak are you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 01:35 AM
    Its light compared to the old cell phones with over the shoulder battery packs!

01-05-09 01:45 AM
    A plastic door would probably actually be heavier since it would have to be a lot thicker in order to provide the same support. Seriously though, does the door actually weigh anything? I think the Sim card might be heavier than the door!
    01-05-09 01:55 AM
    My previous phone (LG Dare) had a plastic door. It felt very cheap. I like the Storm's battery door. The metal feels sturdy and looks very sleek!
    01-05-09 03:14 AM
    why buy this phone then complain about how heavy it is?
    01-05-09 07:05 AM
    A plastic door would probably actually be heavier since it would have to be a lot thicker in order to provide the same support. Seriously though, does the door actually weigh anything? I think the Sim card might be heavier than the door!
    +1 The first time I took the door off, I was amazed at how light the door is. What are you guys smoking that makes you think that the door is heavy?

Maybe I'll weigh it when I get home...
    01-05-09 08:35 AM
    The Storm's weight was never an issue for me until now. I didn't notice much of a difference with the battery door cover on or off. I hope my Storm is not defective? Personally I like the weight. Feels like a quality product. Plus I've been doing curls with my Storm since I got it and I can now punch through walls.

01-05-09 08:44 AM
    If you keep a super-thick & heavy wallet in your pants pocket opposite your Storm, it should balance out, no?

I would love to have a lighter Storm (in whatever way possible) but I somehow think the sturdiness of the battery cover and hinges contributes to the click. My Storm doesn't click well if my battery door is ajar.
    ya like a george costanza wallet!!! lol
    01-05-09 09:04 AM
    LOL! Yes, but it might lower your evasiveness.
    01-05-09 09:12 AM
    This discussion is a joke - right??
    01-05-09 09:14 AM
    The weight of the Storm is actually one of the key things I like about it. It doesnt feel like a plastic toy like my Curve did.
    01-05-09 09:15 AM
    I know what you mean... I get quite the work out by carrying my Storm around all day. I can honestly say that I'm tired at the end of the day because of the heavy battery door. If only it were made out of carbon fiber or something, lol.

But on a serious note... I prolly has to be rigid to support the screen click feature, not to mention the fact that it looks cool. I personally like it. But a lighter door would be cool for those who want their storm lighter. Carbon fiber would look pretty cool too.
    01-05-09 09:16 AM
    Hah. Maybe you need to drop your data plan and put the money toward a gym membership.
    01-05-09 09:27 AM
    Anybody have a mail meter/scale at work? Weigh the Storm with and without the door. Bet it's a minuscule amount!
    01-05-09 09:36 AM
    Are you talking about the Storm ? That little thin piece of aluminum that covers the battery?
    I don't believe it is aluminum, it is steel. But I agree that this phone is not bad as far as weight is concerned. It feel "substantial". My wife has a LG enV2 and that thing feels and works like a toy.
    01-05-09 10:02 AM
    I don't believe it is aluminum, it is steel. But I agree that this phone is not bad as far as weight is concerned. It feel "substantial". My wife has a LG enV2 and that thing feels and works like a toy.
    Oh. Looks like brushed aluminum from the back. Regardless, I wouldn't think it weighs more than a couple of grams.
    01-05-09 11:06 AM
    Unless you are Mick Marrs and can't HOLD a phone to your head for more than 10 minutes at a time, I can't believe you are seriously complaining about the weight of the battery door. I mean, are you serious?! Please go weigh that thing and then come back and let me know how you plan to replace the rigidity and and strength that thing provides with something lighter.

Titanium or Adamantium or Unobtainium are about the only metals that would provide strength without the weight. BTW, the last two metals are fictional, imaginary, FANTASY LAND metals that don't exist.
    The idea was more for my preference of a rubberized back instead of metal. When i took it off i noticed phone was IMO noticeably lighter.

who pissed in your coffee
    01-05-09 11:37 AM
    Umm ya.. I need a lighter door..
    My arm gets tired when I talk on the Storm...
    And If I keep it in my pocket.. It mis-alligns my spine and I gotta go to the Dr. it's so heavy...
    haha thats what i thought when i actually seen someone complain about the weight of a piece of aluminum. I can guarantee you, replace the back panel with platic, you won't notice the difference. **** i can't even notice the difference with nothing on the back!
    01-05-09 11:53 AM
    Anybody have a mail meter/scale at work? Weigh the Storm with and without the door. Bet it's a minuscule amount!
    Door - 8.3 grams
    mem. card - .4 grams
    Sim Card - .3 grams

Total - 9 Grams ..... thats the same as 9 dollar bills! go get change for a Ten and put it in your Opposite Pocket lol
    01-05-09 12:08 PM
    I can't complain too much about the weight of the device, but what gets me is how HOT it gets after talking for a long time (I'm a chick, what do you expect). Anyone else have that problem?
    01-05-09 01:53 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD