Brand new to blackberrys but love this phone.

I hate the cheek mute button problem as I am working with my phone on my shoulder often. I would like to be able to lock the click pad with the lock button, while I am in a phone call. The screen would then get dark to save battery, the click pad would do nothing, but I would still be able to use the hard buttons, ie: phone log/ contacts, menu and send and end. Another simple push of the lock button and the clic pad would come to life with the in-call screen at my disposal. I also note that the lock button has no function while in a phone call. Is this something Rim could change in a firmware update, or is it something that can already be done? I went through the tips and tricks page and didn't see any thing, but I did notice that many people had the mute on the cheek problem.
    ?
    12-09-08 07:34 PM
    We all want this
    12-09-08 07:36 PM
    We all want this
    +1 Join the bandwagon
    12-09-08 07:36 PM
    +1 meeeelion votes from me
    12-09-08 07:42 PM
    We all want this
    i second that
    12-09-08 07:46 PM
    So do you think that RIM ever looks at the forums to get everyday joe feedback on these phones... I guess I mean is this something that we might look forward to seeing in the future?
    12-09-08 07:54 PM
    We all want this. Some have recommended clicking back when in a call to exit to the home screen. Not a great fix, but it's the only thing anyone has found so far.
    12-09-08 07:57 PM
    We all want this
    agreed....
    12-09-08 08:04 PM
    I'd like to be able to spawn dragons from the left convenience key
    12-09-08 08:05 PM
    Best comment...ever! Haha, but seriously...spawning dragons would be sweet.
    12-09-08 08:22 PM
    Mine spawned a gecko and what appears to be a juvenile iguana..Do i need to get a new phone? do I?
    12-09-08 08:25 PM
    a little pessimistic i think. unless of course you're serious, then it's optimism.
    12-09-08 08:26 PM
    My guess is that they will make the lock key disable the screen and only the hard keys or another incoming call or the bb key will unlock it. That doesn't sound too hard does it?
    12-09-08 08:28 PM
    my thoughts exactly.. this seems to be the biggest forum for the phone, I wonder what rim would do if we put all our wants and needs in one place then had all the members sign an electronic petition asking them to look at addressing some of them
    12-09-08 08:59 PM
    We all want this. Some have recommended clicking back when in a call to exit to the home screen. Not a great fix, but it's the only thing anyone has found so far.
    Good idea...

LOL...
    12-09-08 09:01 PM
    I'll sign... So I know that it locks nicely if I put the phone into my holster... And you can set the phone to not end the call if it gets put into the holster... What if I taped a magnet to my face? Would that then turn the sleeper magnet into a proximity sensor? Perhaps an implant for a storm would be another good what would you do for a storm contest... Blackberry plastic surgery... Maybe there is a new market segment there.
    12-09-08 09:04 PM
    Yes, I too, with every other storm user, would like this too!

Here's to hoping the next updates includes this!
    12-09-08 09:18 PM
    yeah, something similar i thought of was just opening the number pad while in the call. this removes the mute button from the phone and you can put it on your shoulder, but sometimes it beeps the other end if you depress the click pad. it doesn't mute you in the call though. kind of a fix.
    12-09-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD