Ok I have noticed this awhile back but I finally decided to post it to see if I am going crazy or not.

I installed a app on my storm and noticed that there was something on my screen so i was rubbing the bottom of my screen near the bttm buttons from left to right and i noticed that the download was going faster... I have donwloaded things without doing that and it seems like they take longer... I just installed twitter and was rubbing the bttm of the screen and OMG it was done in like 5 seconds no BS... granted the icon didnt install and I had to do a quick pull....

But can someone else try rubbing the bttm of there screen the next time they install something and let me know do you get the same effect that the status bar moves quick....

Thanks
    04-06-09 02:33 AM
    Its thermal energy. More rubbing from friction transfers heat to your battery which produces more power, causing you to have much more powerful Radio Signals :P

Just playing

Your post made me laugh.
    04-06-09 05:04 AM
    Well I tired it and it works sorta.
    The faster I rubbed the the more my Storm started moaning and vibrating real heavy the case got real hot and all the sudden the app downloaded and connected real fast.

But then it went out for a cig break and finally rolled over and went to sleep.
    04-06-09 06:12 AM
    Ok I have noticed this awhile back but I finally decided to post it to see if I am going crazy or not.

I installed a app on my storm and noticed that there was something on my screen so i was rubbing the bottom of my screen near the bttm buttons from left to right and i noticed that the download was going faster... I have donwloaded things without doing that and it seems like they take longer... I just installed twitter and was rubbing the bttm of the screen and OMG it was done in like 5 seconds no BS... granted the icon didnt install and I had to do a quick pull....

But can someone else try rubbing the bttm of there screen the next time they install something and let me know do you get the same effect that the status bar moves quick....

Thanks
    When you were rubbing your phone it didn't start getting.......longer.....did it? Eeeeeeeeew!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 06:27 AM
    you guys are a MESS!!!!!!!
    04-06-09 07:09 AM
    what the....

BREATH DEEP!
    Get some air.
    04-06-09 07:45 AM
    Lmao! You guys are sick. To the OP. Yes you are losing it.

04-06-09 09:02 AM
    LOL wow this thread went dirty quick...
    04-06-09 09:04 AM
    I think that instead of you just looking at it upload which we all knows seems forever, when your were getting your jolly's off rubbing your phone you didn't notice the actual load time cause you were fixated on something else.....
    04-06-09 09:07 AM
    Ok, so I tried it as well. Now Im not sure exactly what I was doing wrong, but she shut off on me, and now I cant turn her back on. Did I rub her toooo hard? Am I doing it toooooo rough?
    04-06-09 09:10 AM
    Lol you are going crazy my friend.

04-06-09 09:14 AM
    Please...... Im freaking out here! I did as the post said now I cant turn my BB on anymore. I was rubbing back and forth, and nothing happened, so I tried rubbing harder and harder. I cant turn my BB on anymore!!!
    04-06-09 09:24 AM
    Please...... Im freaking out here! I did as the post said now I cant turn my BB on anymore. I was rubbing back and forth, and nothing happened, so I tried rubbing harder and harder. I cant turn my BB on anymore!!!
    Are you really serious? Or just pulling our legs here?

Try a batt pull?
    04-06-09 10:48 AM
    Are you really serious? Or just pulling our legs here?

Try a batt pull?

LMAO... Sorry, i was kidding!
    04-06-09 11:20 AM
    Well I tired it and it works sorta.
    The faster I rubbed the the more my Storm started moaning and vibrating real heavy the case got real hot and all the sudden the app downloaded and connected real fast.

But then it went out for a cig break and finally rolled over and went to sleep.
    Hahaha you opened it perfectly. Good job. This started off my morning lol.

04-06-09 11:27 AM
    You know, everybody is laughing at the OP and saying he is losing it.....

However, for some reason I think he's onto something.... I can be in the middle of a download, with the progress bar stalled and NO network activity icon. The minute I swipe my finger across the screen, network activity resumes and the download bar continues to move. I don't know if it's some sort of idle bug or what, but what the OP says is true at times.
    04-06-09 11:33 AM
    No means NO guys.
    04-06-09 11:35 AM
    if you're still having trouble "loosing" it invest in lube..
    04-06-09 11:40 AM
    Actually, I find rubbing in a circular motion gets better results.
    04-06-09 11:42 AM
    all i have to say is... LMAO... you guys are bad!
    04-06-09 05:11 PM

However, for some reason I think he's onto something.... I can be in the middle of a download, with the progress bar stalled and NO network activity icon. The minute I swipe my finger across the screen, network activity resumes and the download bar continues to move. I don't know if it's some sort of idle bug or what, but what the OP says is true at times.

Ok thanks so I am not that crazy. The post really went south and quick but I got a good laugh.

04-06-09 05:29 PM

Ok thanks so I am not that crazy. The post really went south and quick but I got a good laugh.

04-06-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD