I love this phone but my god it constantly freezes wether i send a text message or email or try to answer the phone. The phone interface is cool and i love having a blackberry but is anyone else getting mad at this freezing stuff.
    11-28-08 08:44 PM
    Yes to all of the above.
    11-28-08 08:46 PM
    mine is fine , have you delete vz nav , visual voice mail , hidden all unused icons , run memory cleaner, done a battery pull recently
    11-28-08 08:48 PM
    been pi$$ed since i got it last friday
    11-28-08 08:48 PM
    I'm not having any problem with mine, try deleting programs like VZNav and the Visual VM. Also delete anything that you dont use. For instance if you dont using Facebook or Flickr delete them, same goes for the messengers. Also make sure you close out of programs and not just back out of them. To close them hit the BB menu button and tell it Close or Exit, which ever is there.
    11-28-08 08:49 PM
    been pi$$ed since i got it last friday
    yes we can tell by your signature. I suggest you return it and stop complaining.

As for the OP, haven't had any of those things happen -- but do what sooks said and it will speed things up. Make sure you hold down the menu button to see what is running in the background and make sure you dont keep everything open all the time. You can't just click the end button to close something you have to go to menu > close
    11-28-08 08:51 PM
    I have VZ Nav and VVM installed and I still have little to no problems with mine. If your new to BB's then a big problem most new BB users have is not closing out programs when they are done using it. Most hit the back key or the red end key. Don't do this. Always hit the BB Menu button, then close. If you don't do that, he program stays running in the background and hogs memory.

Hold down the BB Menu button for a few seconds and the application switcher will pop up. It'll show you what is running in the background. There's 5 necessary programs that will stay running at all times: Browser, Messages, Home Screen, BB Messanger, and Phone. If you have anything else in there, click on it to goto it, then click BB Menu -> Close.

Do that and you will have a lot less issues. If you already do that, and you still get a lot of random lock ups, then you might have corrupt software, because the majorty of people, including myself, hardly ever get lock ups.
    11-28-08 08:53 PM
    That helps but it definitely doesn't completely stop everything. I've done all of that and more and my typing lags a bunch, as well as my OS as a whole. I've had it since wednesday and today I had my first two random reboots. It happened while I was on the phone with my father and then took five minutes to reboot. If my typing didn't lag so much I could type so much faster, as I love the click screen.

I love this phone and the bugs aren't nearly bad enough to warrant a return. I can't help but wonder what the beta testers were thinking when they used it and then released it.

I love it, but am still eagerly awaiting an update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-08 08:54 PM
    i have deleted vznavigatorand everything else you said but it still freezes seems longer the phone is on the more it freezes

I have no problem waiting for this so called update but if i wait and these problems don't get fixes and its past the 30 day return period im going to be a little upset
    11-28-08 08:56 PM
    Just hold on a little longer... the update (4.7.0.75) is coming...
    11-28-08 08:58 PM
    i have deleted vznavigatorand everything else you said but it still freezes seems longer the phone is on the more it freezes

I have no problem waiting for this so called update but if i wait and these problems don't get fixes and its past the 30 day return period im going to be a little upset
    I would take it back to VZW and get a new one then. I've had this phone since the 21st release day, and I think I've only had 2 lock up's since? And one of them wasn't really a lock up, it just bogged down, and cought up to itself in like 2 mins right when I was about to do a battery pull.
    11-28-08 09:00 PM
    sorry just had to get my frustrations out i threw the phone earlier earlier against the couch i got so mad. lol. I just want this thing to work like a blackberry should
    11-28-08 09:03 PM
    sorry just had to get my frustrations out i threw the phone earlier earlier against the couch i got so mad. lol. I just want this thing to work like a blackberry should
    i was just gonna flush mine
    11-28-08 09:06 PM
    lol at least i know other people are having the issues and i am not going insane. I have a funny feeling this update won't fix all these issues however. I hope they do but i wouldnt get my hopes up
    11-28-08 09:13 PM
    Return it and get a new one.
    11-28-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD