I haven't received my Storm yet but I so hope I am one of the lucky ones who has no problems.
    I can't believe how many people have problems....shouldn't be on a new phone!!
    My friend returned his after 2 days, he said the phone "blew" and he is really into blackberrys and technology!
    12-01-08 08:01 AM
    There is serious lagging out of the box that is causing some people headaches. There are upgrades which will improve that. The problem with the Storm in my opinion is the hype that surrounded it....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 08:05 AM
    In my opinion it is all relative. The phone has it's problems but what piece of technology these days doesn't? It's been about 10 days since the phones release. lets give 'em a chance to fix what's broken before we begin to rip 'em apart. If you think the BB storm sucks, go try using a windows mobile device (i've had 2 in the past) and I've owned the iphone (1st gen and 3g). I bet you'll hate the iPhone purely becuase of the network it is on. that is one of the main reasons I swapped back to verizon after 4 months of ATT dropped calls, non connecting calls BS.
    12-01-08 08:09 AM
    I would never use AT&T. I know too many people who use them and their service sucks!
    Lets hope my phone is ok.
    12-01-08 10:12 AM
    ^Yeah AT&T Sucks!! CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW AT&T??NOPE!! HaHa!!

12-01-08 10:15 AM
    jennbaby--There are hundreds of thousands of them out there, around a hundred people on here with problems. Don't know how many others there are, but I think that on here it's about 3-1 okay. (That being said, that's not a great ratio for a new device.) Hopefully the software upgrades will take care of most of it.
    12-01-08 10:16 AM
    The software upgrades will help and also you have to think about the fact that a lot of people come on here only to find fixes to their problems and not post about how great things are!
    12-01-08 10:20 AM
    I think alot of it is "the sqeaky wheel gets the grease" kinda phenomenon. As with most most things, people are much more likely to to complain about problems than they are to put the same effort foward extoling the virtues of it.
    I am new at the whole BB thing, but am overall impressed enough to gladly hang on to a piece of technology that I have to have at my side minute to minute on a daily basis.
    Looking at the apple forums shows there was much of the same..complaining of negatives much more than complimenting positives initially.
    Lets be real, and extraordinary technolgy packed piece of equipment that can do soooo many things, how could there not be some bugs initially?
    We are all different in our expectations and tolerence for problems. Just do as you are now, gather information and make the choice that is best for you. There are people on here that love this thing, and people that don't...kinda like everything else in life.
    12-01-08 10:28 AM
    actually if you look at the poll from a few days ago, it was more like 1 in 11 people weren't happy.
    I think back then it was about 800 people happy and 80 people unhappy.
    The unhappy people are the vocal minority, and in many cases it seems like they really didn't want to be happy (or they're lying).
    One example is the person who claimed he returned it within 24hrs... didnt say what he didn't like about it, just said he was always an early adopter of BB tech, but didn't like the Storm and wanted to return to his 8703b.
    Problem with that is, there is no 8703b (its the 8703e on Verizon), and that's an old phone... if he was an early adopter, he'd have the Curve by now.
    12-01-08 10:58 AM
    The sad state of phones today, and technology in general is that the manufacturers don't put highly polished devices out initially.. they use the public as beta testers.

I'm sure alot of this has to do with the complexity of the devices, but a big part of it is that we, the consumers allow it.

Being an early adopter of the Storm, I knew what I was signing up for. I knew it would have issues, but I have faith that RIM will fix them.

My phone has had it's share of issues, but it has in no way been unusable. It is FAR better than the phone it replaced!
    12-01-08 11:57 AM
    I feel bad for anyone who does not use Crackberry and is going through all these issues with no guidance. I couldn't imagine not knowing all the tricks and tips and updates and everything... I could definitely see myself returning the thing asap. I never would have known about a battery pull if it weren't for this website (which has made things 100 times faster a couple of times). Thank goodness for CB!
    12-01-08 03:11 PM
    I feel bad for anyone who does not use Crackberry and is going through all these issues with no guidance. I couldn't imagine not knowing all the tricks and tips and updates and everything... I could definitely see myself returning the thing asap. I never would have known about a battery pull if it weren't for this website (which has made things 100 times faster a couple of times). Thank goodness for CB!

ok what is a battery pull? lol

Thanks to everyone for your replies. Well appreciated!
    12-01-08 03:18 PM
    If you find your phone to be lagging a lot after a lot of usage or downloading, turn off the phone and remove the battery for like 30 seconds and then replace it. Should speed things up at least a little bit.

12-01-08 04:20 PM
    The people not having problems have yet to open the box the storm comes in.
    12-01-08 04:25 PM
    If you find your phone to be lagging a lot after a lot of usage or downloading, turn off the phone and remove the battery for like 30 seconds and then replace it. Should speed things up at least a little bit.

Thanks for the explanation.
    12-01-08 04:52 PM
    In my opinion it is all relative. The phone has it's problems but what piece of technology these days doesn't? It's been about 10 days since the phones release. lets give 'em a chance to fix what's broken before we begin to rip 'em apart. If you think the BB storm sucks, go try using a windows mobile device (i've had 2 in the past) and I've owned the iphone (1st gen and 3g). I bet you'll hate the iPhone purely becuase of the network it is on. that is one of the main reasons I swapped back to verizon after 4 months of ATT dropped calls, non connecting calls BS.
    What piece of tech doesn't have problems? Well, actually, most DON'T have problems. But this phone has several dozen issues, not solved by the latest software. I am a loyal BB owner. But I have to say, this phone is a frustrating device and it does not function well at all. From rebooting taking 5 minutes and doing it whenever the phone feels like it, to flickering snow-like screens, to accidentally hitting speaker phone, mute or the contact's info during a call, to a ridiculously slow camera, to video that tells you it recorded in the wrong format, to a sluggish OS, to profiles that do whatever they want regardless of what you programed...and the list goes on. This is a big failure for RIM. This phone should have been tested and corrected more thoroughly. I am sticking with it, but let's be real here; this phone is not good.
    12-01-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD