I am trying to set up my work email and the people at my work said Blackberry not provided to me by work are not allowed to connect. I get this message when trying to set it up :

Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
    Account Type: POP3/IMAP
    Email Address: [email protected]
    User Name: sokolowd
    Password: ****** (For security the password is not displayed.)
    Mail Server: mail.mcpsmd.org

Please confirm the information. Refer to the instructions below for help in determining the correct information. After confirming the information, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service site and try again.

POP & IMAP Accounts
    Internet Service Provider email accounts are commonly either POP or IMAP accounts. You need the following information:
    Note: You can find out this information from either your desktop email application or your Internet Service Provider:
    Email Address:Your email address
    for example, [email protected]
    Server: The name of the Mail Server
    for example, mail.ISPname.com
    User Name: The portion of the email address before the "@" symbol
    for example, patrickmoser in the address [email protected]
    Password: The password for your account

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:

From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
    On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
    When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
    Select I use Microsoft� Outlook� or Outlook Express�. Click Next.
    Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having difficulties adding your email account, visit the online help on the BlackBerry Internet Service site.

Thank you.

Is there some one that can help me find a way to make this work?
    12-15-08 02:52 PM
    I set a rule in my work outlook account to forward to my home account.

Forwarding email with the Outlook Rules Wizard
    12-15-08 03:09 PM
    Try username as: [email protected] instead of just sokolowd
    12-15-08 03:09 PM
    I am assuming you work for the Montgomery County school system? Many educational systems are very limited in capability and very long in security. However there is always a work around
    12-15-08 03:12 PM
    I am assuming you work for the Montgomery County school system? Many educational systems are very limited in capability and very long in security. However there is always a work around
    I will try what u suggested I also had thought about the forwarding thing to.
    12-16-08 10:16 AM
    Question -- do you use a laptop at work or a desktop?

Assumbaly, if security is that tight on your work email, forwarding to outside email accounts is likely disabled.
    12-16-08 10:22 AM
    If you're on a desktop you should be able to install the Desktop Manager software and use that to redirect to your BB, you'll just have to leave you machine on all the time so that your messages can be redirected.
    12-16-08 10:35 AM
    do you have online web access and use an exchange server with microsoft outlook? if so, just type in your username and password, through BIS and it will find your mailbox
    12-16-08 10:48 AM
    do you have online web access and use an exchange server with microsoft outlook? if so, just type in your username and password, through BIS and it will find your mailbox
    That is how I started it gives me the message at the start of this thread.
    12-16-08 10:51 AM
    Question -- do you use a laptop at work or a desktop?

Assumbaly, if security is that tight on your work email, forwarding to outside email accounts is likely disabled.
    desktop Man this is frusterating.
    12-16-08 10:54 AM
    If you're on a desktop you should be able to install the Desktop Manager software and use that to redirect to your BB, you'll just have to leave you machine on all the time so that your messages can be redirected.
    I will try this and let you guys know how it works.
    12-16-08 10:55 AM
    WhiteOut please let me know how/if you resolve this. My work does not support Blackberries when it comes to accessing e-mail accounts yet I want to find a way to get access to it. I am new to smartphones so don't know too much about them so I want to know if there is a way to access my e-mail account without the use of Forwarding since replying would result in sending an email with my home account email address.
    12-16-08 11:00 AM
    OK I did this and it worked however:

1)I don't get a separate Icon on the storm the messages go to the message folder. is there a way to do this.

2) I am getting lots of messages from [email protected] (Like 60 in 10 min.) did I set something up wrong? is there a way to stop them or is this just part of the est up process they haven stopped this is an example of one:

This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

BEGINETP 119
    Aanw1boAAAAAIBAIMzA0RjhGQUYgHERhbmllbF9Tb2tvbG93c2 tpQG1jcHNtZC5vcmcAYBWq
    /lAFQ01JTUUDQICAgIAyAAAwMjE3RTY4MUIrRysxAOaw4Pg70ct zqtsYkPLblEEAGUhRjSwG
    OWxvfEfZikaWD2E!
    ENDETP -1138135421

I have more questions but i will just start with this.
    12-17-08 02:43 PM
    The easiest way (what I did before we got exchange and bes) is to forward your email to [email protected] (or whatever it is). That is the address assigned to the device. Make sure you also have your server setup to keep a copy, so it still shows up in your outlook. The go into your BIS settings and name the account appropriately for you work, and set the reply address as your work email addresss. Nobody will have anyway to know any outgoing email came from a different address, and you will get all you incoming email.

Shouldn't that work in your case?
    12-17-08 02:50 PM
    Here is my answers:

1. This messages will automatically go to the default messages folder, you would have this same "issue" if you were on a BES. So, you cannot change this.

2.These messages will come in abundance at first but after a while you almost never see them anymore. But, are they coming and then disappearing or staying in your inbox? I assume they are disappearing since you are saying it works.
    12-17-08 03:10 PM
    Here is my answers:

1. This messages will automatically go to the default messages folder, you would have this same "issue" if you were on a BES. So, you cannot change this.
    I can live with this

2.These messages will come in abundance at first but after a while you almost never see them anymore. But, are they coming and then disappearing or staying in your inbox? I assume they are disappearing since you are saying it works.
    AT first they came and disappeared Now their are so many i can figure it out. I set a rule up in my desktop email to send messages with XXXXX to my deleted folder. That seem to work for now.
    12-17-08 03:22 PM
    If they are not disappeaing it likely means they are not being delivered and something was configured wrong. You can also view the desktop redirector icon in yoyr system tray to see if you have any pending emails to the device.
    12-17-08 03:26 PM
    If you are trying to do the webmail, put in the info maually and make sure you put https:// in front of it. I ran into the same issues. I then put http:// and got a different error. Then I put https:// webmail and that did the job.
    12-17-08 03:37 PM
    If they are not disappeaing it likely means they are not being delivered and something was configured wrong. You can also view the desktop redirector icon in yoyr system tray to see if you have any pending emails to the device.
    I got to impatient and started deleting them. I ended up reinstalling it and let it do its thing and now it works. Now when I get to work I need to figure out how to get rid of the duplicate bookings in my calender .
    12-17-08 08:29 PM
    If you are trying to do the webmail, put in the info maually and make sure you put https:// in front of it. I ran into the same issues. I then put http:// and got a different error. Then I put https:// webmail and that did the job.
    I gave it one more shot and no go. bummer
    12-17-08 08:34 PM
    If you have MS Exchange, version 2003 or lower, and use Outlook at your desk then hopefully you can access your Outlook, from home, via OWA ??? If you do have OWA (log into your Outlook from internet browser) then you will need to determine if your work uses ISA server. If they use ISA server, or you have Exchange 2007, then you CANNOT use your work email in the BIS email page. Blackberry is INCOMPATIBLE with OWA servers that have MS ISA server in front of them. Blackberry is also reportedly troubled by users with Exchange 2007, when trying to access via OWA.
    At my work, I am the IT Manager. We had MS ISA in front of our OWA server and that would not work. I moved OWA away from ISA and it started working instantly.

HTH, Tom

I am trying to set up my work email and the people at my work said Blackberry not provided to me by work are not allowed to connect. I get this message when trying to set it up :

Your attempt to configure the BlackBerry Internet Service to deliver mail to your BlackBerry device from this email account was unsuccessful. This email provides instructions to help with the email account set up.

You submitted the following information:
    Account Type: POP3/IMAP
    Email Address: [email protected]
    User Name: sokolowd
    Password: ****** (For security the password is not displayed.)
    Mail Server: mail.mcpsmd.org

Please confirm the information. Refer to the instructions below for help in determining the correct information. After confirming the information, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service site and try again.

POP & IMAP Accounts
    Internet Service Provider email accounts are commonly either POP or IMAP accounts. You need the following information:
    Note: You can find out this information from either your desktop email application or your Internet Service Provider:
    Email Address:Your email address
    for example, [email protected]
    Server: The name of the Mail Server
    for example, mail.ISPname.com
    User Name: The portion of the email address before the "@" symbol
    for example, patrickmoser in the address [email protected]
    Password: The password for your account

The BlackBerry Internet Service site provides a utility you can download to help set-up your email account. This small application searches your computer for configured email accounts and provides BlackBerry Internet Service with these settings. To download this application:

From your desktop browser, log in to the BlackBerry Internet Service account. Refer to the documentation provided by your Wireless Service Provider for the web URL.
    On the Email Accounts page, select Add Account.
    When prompted, type your email address and password. Click Next.
    Select I use Microsoft� Outlook� or Outlook Express�. Click Next.
    Click Download and follow the on-screen instructions.

If you are still having difficulties adding your email account, visit the online help on the BlackBerry Internet Service site.

Thank you.

Is there some one that can help me find a way to make this work?
    12-17-08 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD