Alright, believe it or not it's my first time using the Calendar lol, just need some help. I already have entries in there from Facebook (peoples birthdays) I want to add my job schedule in there so I can look at my phone to see when I go into work that day.

How do I do this? Will it be set up as "New" or "New Alarm"? I don't want an Alarm in that aspect REMINDING me to go lmao, I just want it so lets say it says TODAY (1/24) Work: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, 1/25 Off

Thanks, I guess I'm kinda a n00b lol.
    01-24-10 07:03 PM
    Alright, believe it or not it's my first time using the Calendar lol, just need some help. I already have entries in there from Facebook (peoples birthdays) I want to add my job schedule in there so I can look at my phone to see when I go into work that day.

How do I do this? Will it be set up as "New" or "New Alarm"? I don't want an Alarm in that aspect REMINDING me to go lmao, I just want it so lets say it says TODAY (1/24) Work: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, 1/25 Off

Thanks, I guess I'm kinda a n00b lol.
    Set it up as New and you should be good.
    01-24-10 08:18 PM
    Ok thanks. Is there anyway I can edit the calender from my pc first to make it easier or do I have to set it up on the phone?
    01-24-10 08:21 PM
    you can make a calendar with google calendar for example and sync it to the storm. Or Outlook, or iCal are other examples.
    01-24-10 08:23 PM
    you can make a calendar with google calendar for example and sync it to the storm. Or Outlook, or iCal are other examples.
    Ok, will it delete all my stuff I have in the phone calender already or no? Amd how do I go about doing this?
    01-24-10 08:44 PM
    BTW, I have Windows 7 which means NO outlook. How do I do this? Cause I heard the google to outlook is the best way. Oh and I dont have GMAIL so hopefully that doesn't matter. I have Windows Live
    01-24-10 09:30 PM
    Google has its own calendar, but I'm not sure if you need a Gmail to be able to use it. I don't have Windows anymore so I don't know about what would be best for Windows 7.
    01-24-10 09:36 PM
    I currently have a Google Calendar that is linked to both my & my Wifes Storms via Google Sync to do exactly what you're wanting to do (manage various work schedules).

Still wishing RIM would add categories and color coding to it's calendar but hey - guess ya can't have it all.

Anyway - on to some of your questions:

- You do NOT need a gmail account to create a Google calendar (Mine works fine with Hotmail)

- Birthday entries from facebook WILL NOT sync "up" to the Goggle calendar (at least mine don't - may be some type of setting issue but frankly I don't care enough to try and find out)

The following is based on my (really crappy) memory so I would suggest doing some searches in this forum on Google Sync - Lots of good info to be found - or just play around with it and see what happens (I would highly advise making a backup of your BB with Desktop Manger first so you can restore your data if you gack it).

- Setting up Google Sync will NOT erase your current calendar entries on the BB
    - Google Sync WILL add current entries on your BB to your Google calendar
    - And obviously it will add entries made on the BB after Google Sync is set up to the Google calendar.

Some things to watch out for.
    BB Cal & Google Cal DO NOT handle Multi-Day events (i.e. Vacation starting 2/1 ending 2/5) the same way and this will result in weird things happening based on whether you enter the event from the BB or the Google Calendar. I would HIGHLY suggest simply making a daily entry for each day of the event instead.

Repeating events (Like Pay Day or a regular meeting on the 1st Thursday of the month) work fine from Google Cal "down" to BB Cal. I can't remember ever setting one up the other way so I won't comment on how well that works.

Hope that gets you started. Feel free to post more questions as you run across them - Worst that can happen is I tell ya I don't know

As a side note, Google Sync can also back up your phones contacts - since I am linking 2 different devices to 1 Calendar - I have this feature disabled and do not know anything about it (I manually back up both our contact lists via DM with the regular back-up of the phone and also to a CSV file that I can open in Excel).

Best of luck.
    01-25-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD