When I go into wireless updates and click check for updates, nothing comes up. How do I upgrade my phone without using a computer? I have a Storm 9530 with Verizon and am currently on 4.7.0.148 I am not a BB fan. Nothing has been easy with this phone.
    10-02-09 08:12 AM
    You can't...welcome to the Blackberry World...you have to read up on these forums and figure it out...It took me awhile to figure out how to get an OS on my phone to my liking...
    10-02-09 08:16 AM
    Unless pushed by a carrier or BES, you can't OTA. You'll need to use DM if you want to run something your carrier hasn't certified yet.
    10-02-09 08:24 AM
    I know verizon put out an upgrade. I might have a virus since my ringtones don't work and when I answer the phone it is in headset mode. So I was told to downgrade and then upgrade to try and reset everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 08:32 AM
    I know verizon put out an upgrade. I might have a virus since my ringtones don't work and when I answer the phone it is in headset mode. So I was told to downgrade and then upgrade to try and reset everything.

they didnt, 148 is the latest
    10-02-09 08:45 AM
    I thought I downgraded last night. Thanks for the correction. Any ideas why my ringtones are not working? I downloaded drive.safe.ly and I think that may have messed me up.

10-02-09 10:26 AM
    I thought I downgraded last night. Thanks for the correction. Any ideas why my ringtones are not working? I downloaded drive.safe.ly and I think that may have messed me up.

Delete that new app and do a battery pull. See if that solves the problem.
    10-02-09 11:28 AM
    I did that and then my problem began. I reinstalled it and the ringtones came back. So I deleted the app again and they're gone. I installed again an they still did not come back.

10-02-09 11:36 AM
    Did you create a custom profile? if so, it has to be set to that profile, not normal, loud, etc. As for your headset prob, do a search. It is a known problem.

10-02-09 12:39 PM
    I do not see any custom files that were created. I will look for the headset problem. Thank you all so much.

10-02-09 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD