Lately Ive been getting some lag so I decided to restart my blackberry storm. After i restarted my blackberry i noticed i couldn't connect to the server whenever i tried to connected to my email account. I decided to restart my storm again thinking maybe something went wrong. NOW, not only can I not connect to my email account, but I don't have an internet browser and i'm getting this "uncaight exception: java.lang.error" message".

Can someone please tell me how to fix this. I havent had this phone for a long time so i never really got around to having my phone backed up so thats out.
    07-26-09 04:05 AM
    I would try dialing *22899 first and seeing if that corrects the issue.
    07-26-09 04:23 AM
    By restart do u mean pull out battery w/device on? If not, do so now. As for missing icons, if home screen > menu > show all (look in folders as well) doesn't get em back, try options > adv options > host routing table > menu > register now.
    07-26-09 05:32 AM
    Sounds to me like you need to reload or upgrade your OS...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 05:40 AM
    By restart do u mean pull out battery w/device on? If not, do so now. As for missing icons, if home screen > menu > show all (look in folders as well) doesn't get em back, try options > adv options > host routing table > menu > register now.
    I second this, but you may also need to reload the software in your phone if the error message continues.
    07-26-09 07:29 AM
    Here you go. This is what worked for me. Give it a try. I was having the same problem.
    The error “Uncaught exeption:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException” occurs if you device is associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), possibly at work. The error is due to a RIM permissions issue related to your IT Policy from the BES. Please follow the steps below and check your permissions:

1. Go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications.
    2. Select QuickPull, press the Menu Key, then select Edit Permissions.
    3. Under Connections: press Menu Key -> Expand, then verify/set the Phone to ALLOW.
    4. Under Interactions: press Menu Key -> Expand, then verify/set Input Simulation and Security Timer to ALLOW.
    5. Remove and replace the battery to reset your device.
    07-26-09 09:06 AM
    The same thing happened to my gf phone. Some icons were missing and it said the same thing when trying to connect to her email account. We couldnt figure it out so she left it there and in the morning everything was there! haha
    07-26-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD