I see I can do an OTA upgrade to the new OS version. It is telling me:

"Not enough available memory to store downloaded files. Delete 20MB of personal data from device memory and then resume download."

Where is it wanting me to delete from? Clearly it can't be larger than the free space I have. What gives?

Device Memory Free: 869 MB
    Media Card Free: 6.8GB
    06-06-09 10:52 AM
    I see I can do an OTA upgrade to the new OS version. It is telling me:

"Not enough available memory to store downloaded files. Delete 20MB of personal data from device memory and then resume download."

Where is it wanting me to delete from? Clearly it can't be larger than the free space I have. What gives?

Device Memory Free: 869 MB
    Media Card Free: 6.8GB
    You app memory. Do a battery pull and try again.
    06-06-09 10:54 AM
    Battery pull (w/device on) 2 regain memory.
    06-06-09 10:55 AM
    If you have the meterberry it can show you how much app memory you are currently using and how much is free. When I upgraded to the new OS I got the same message and just went in to meterberry did a device reset and then it completely downloaded. You can get meterberry in the app center. I like seeing what my blackberry is up to.
    06-06-09 10:58 AM
    My wife's storm had not enough avail mem for the firmnware upgrade. This is due to epocrates program installed. Wireless upgrade would not run. Plugged in to my computer desktop Manger, and upgrade worked right away. All contacts restored, all is well. Epocrates does need to be wirelessly re-installed, but most people don't have that.
    JH
    06-06-09 10:59 AM
    Best thing is to do a battery pull and then plug it into your pc to install it. This will usually work well. Better that way since I doubt it needs to store anything on the phone while upgrading.
    06-06-09 11:20 AM
    What a pain in the *** this thing is. I did a QuickPull, still no go.

I will have to check out Meterberry, thank you. I just did a fresh wipe on my computer, so I have nothing installed on it yet. Guess I will have to wait for now.
    06-06-09 11:49 AM
    Do manual battery pull (w/device ON).
    06-06-09 12:19 PM
    If you have the meterberry it can show you how much app memory you are currently using and how much is free. When I upgraded to the new OS I got the same message and just went in to meterberry did a device reset and then it completely downloaded. You can get meterberry in the app center. I like seeing what my blackberry is up to.
    You can also go to: options > memory .... and it will show Free app memory, device memory and media card memory. Thats if you don't want the program .... or if you have quicklaunch just go to device info.
    06-06-09 12:28 PM
    I manually pulled the battery, same error.

The PC upgrade is an option, but it's stupid for them to offer this OS available via OTA if it's not supported?

Maybe I'm just missing something here...

19.6MB free. I'll have to see if I can somehow free up more, but there is nothing to shut down.
    06-06-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD