I've been having a lot of problems with sending and receiving pictures in MMS texts. I have Verizon, my friend with whom I've been sending pics to and receiving pics from ALSO has Verizon.... and it doesn't seem to matter whether I have 1 bar or 4 bars.... and it's SO frustrating!!!
    OK... here are the specs on my phone:

Blackberry 9530
    v 4.7.0.148
    it's set on 1XEV (but seems to bounce from 1X to 1XEV)

If anyone has any ideas or hints or ANYTHING that can help.... I'd be SO, SO grateful!!!
    I've learned SO much about my phone from these message boards... I love crackberry!!
    And I love my Storm....except for this one thing!
    Thanks!

~Chris
    07-31-09 11:20 AM
    When was the last time you did a PRL update by dialing *228?
    07-31-09 11:28 AM
    Hmmmm.......

I'll try that today. what should that do?
    07-31-09 11:41 AM
    Hmmmm.......

*228 option 2
    07-31-09 11:43 AM
    Hmmmm.......

It will update your phone to have the most recent Preferred Roaming List. So in other words, it will tell your phone which towers to communicate with.
    07-31-09 12:23 PM
    Hi guys... thanks so much for the quick responses! Ok, I did the *228 and then did a quick pull AND memory cleaner. I gained a ton of memory, but the picture deal is still the same!
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH...........
    07-31-09 12:45 PM
    Hi guys... thanks so much for the quick responses! Ok, I did the *228 and then did a quick pull AND memory cleaner. I gained a ton of memory, but the picture deal is still the same!
    ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH...........

are you in an area with poor reception? Where does it happen? Outside, inside, underground
    07-31-09 01:03 PM
    Never had this problem, mine works great. The responders gave you some great suggestions. Maybe the file is too large.
    08-06-09 02:04 PM
    I have had this issue as well...to correct it, I needed to delete the MMS service books from the device then execute a battery pull...

-Go into OPTIONS,
    -Then into ADVANCED OPTIONS,
    -Then into SERVICE BOOK,
    -Locate "MMS CLIENT [MMS]" and "MMS TRANSPORT (RIM) [WPTCP]"
    -Select those items, click your blackberry menu hard key, then click DELETE.
    -Exit out of those sections, then exicute a battery pull. Make sure you keep the phone depowered for around one minute before restarting.

When you reboot your phone, this will force Verizon to reload the affected service books, and hopefully allow you to send and receive MMS messages.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply! Let us know if it works.

-Bob
    08-07-09 06:42 PM
    Update your OS to .151
    It will help for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 07:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD