I have lost my phone. I was wondering if I will get a Storm 9530 replacement or a Storm 2 9550...?
    08-11-10 10:13 PM
    I had my Tour stolen and Sprint (maybe they just suck at the store I went to) but I just got a refurbished Tour and not a Bold. I thought Sprint had discontinued them? Anyway don't anticipate getting the newer version of the Storm.
    08-11-10 10:42 PM
    you will get exactly what you had unless they no longer have it and in that case the closest equivalent
    08-11-10 10:45 PM
    you will get exactly what you had unless they no longer have it and in that case the closest equivalent
    Right - that's my questuon. Do they still have the Storm 9530?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 11:04 PM
    Just got off the phone with VZ after having browser issues with my 9530 and they are sending me a replacement 9530. So yes they still have them.
    08-12-10 12:51 PM
    Thanks! Too bad.
    08-12-10 01:24 PM
    About a month ago I took advantage of my insurance for my Storm 9530 and asked for a replacement due to a camera issue (repeatedly saying there is not enough memory when I tried to take a picture). I received another Storm 9530. Verizon is my carrier.
    08-13-10 05:33 AM
    I had to replace mine once (2nd time pending) and the VZW store told me that you always get the same model you purchased. I would imagine they really have to do it this way or you'd get people trying to beat the system constantly to upgrade their phone.

I know there are those that lie & cheat their way to an upgrade replacement but I just can't bring myself to help increase my own and everyone else's cell phone costs just because I want something newer. Would I love it if they were out of Storm1's and replaced my Storm1 w/a Storm2? Sure! Storm2 is supposed to be a big improvement but I'm not going to cheat to do it. I'd imagine since what we are getting are refurbs that they have PLENTY of Storm1's to go around.
    08-15-10 06:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD