and I was wondering if I still need the $30/month that I pay for my BB serivce. All I really need is texting on my phone and of course calls. I dont need e-mail and internet. Is that what I pay the $30/month for? Thanks all - Sr. Financial Analyst - NYC
    01-30-09 09:47 AM
    verizon requires you to have a BB data plan with BBs sorry!
    01-30-09 09:49 AM
    I'm sorry to say but yes for the phone to work you need the $30. a month.

My wife and I ask about that and the rep said the Storm needs the net for it's daily operations weather you surf or not.

James
    01-30-09 09:49 AM
    bummer - who wants to buy a...jj. SAVE YOUR $ PEOPLE!
    01-30-09 09:50 AM
    They're right - sorry man. Good luck though.
    01-30-09 09:54 AM
    and I was wondering if I still need the $30/month that I pay for my BB serivce. All I really need is texting on my phone and of course calls. I dont need e-mail and internet. Is that what I pay the $30/month for? Thanks all - Sr. Financial Analyst - NYC
    Sorry to hear that...good luck in the new job search!

Unfortunately Verizon sucks so you'll have to deal with it, unless you want to pay the massive contract cancellation fee...which in your situation probably isn't the best idea.

HOWEVER -

You can reduce your family plan to say 750 minutes (the minimum) and go to the basic plan, not select (cuts $30 off the bill) then pay maybe $5 for 250 texts. Verizon still lets you change your FamilyPlan through the course of your contract.
    01-30-09 09:54 AM
    bummer - who wants to buy a...jj. SAVE YOUR $ PEOPLE!
    If everybody saves their money that is just going to make the economy worse. Don't take out risky mortgages or loans, save a percentage (10%) of your paycheck, but unless you are in debt and really can't afford anything, put some money into the economy.

Off topic I know.
    01-30-09 09:57 AM
    U can switch to T-Mobile they don't require you to have internet
    01-30-09 09:57 AM
    Sorry you lost your job.
    01-30-09 09:58 AM
    Plife sorry about your job, i'll pray for you and all the others that are out of work right now. Good luck keep your head up.
    01-30-09 09:58 AM
    Good luck wish you the best
    01-30-09 10:01 AM
    Sorry about the job loss. It's been happening here in Detroit for years. Here as Detroit shuts down...we've just come to accept it. I can only imagine what other states are beginning to see. Hopefully, we'll turn it around. I would call Verizon, tell them the story. If they won't allow you to drop it...just tell them you won't be paying at all and they will just lose all revenue potential from you. Hang in there!
    01-30-09 10:04 AM
    Sorry to hear. Good luck.
    01-30-09 10:16 AM
    If you do not need a phone right now at all I believe there is an option in the My Account section of the Verizonwireless website to "temporarily suspend" your acct. I think that gets you up to 6 months of suspended service so you will get to stop the bill for that time period.

I just verified and yes on the right hand side under quick links it is called "Suspend/Resume Service"
    Last edited by waremaster; 01-30-09 at 10:24 AM.
    01-30-09 10:17 AM
    If everybody saves their money that is just going to make the economy worse. Don't take out risky mortgages or loans, save a percentage (10%) of your paycheck, but unless you are in debt and really can't afford anything, put some money into the economy.

Off topic I know.
    This is an excellent post and something my FIL has always said to me. He says there is no use in people stopping spending money because it is basically a domino effect. What you don't spend today on a restaurant affects everyone there, which in turn affects their take-home pay and then they won't spend any money on other stuff, etc, etc, etc.

If you have money, lets go out and spend it folks. Lets not hoard it just because. Remember that other people rely on you as well.

And yes, this is also off topic and this is not in any ways referred to the OP's question. If I was you, OP, I would seriously consider cancelling the plan but taking your number with you to another carrier that you could get a cheap plan with. Or maybe you can contact Verizon and see what they tell you.
    01-30-09 10:23 AM
    Damn sorry to hear of the job loss. Looks like everyone is assuming it's a lay off so I guess I'll assume that too. Luckily, the company I work for isn't laying off...yet. Maybe you will find a job soon enough before your bill is even due again. Maybe you can consider a job below the SFA title just to keep some income coming in until you can land another big time job? Just a suggestion. Times are tough. Good luck to you, wish you well
    01-30-09 10:24 AM
    Very sorry to hear that. You'll be in my family's prayers.

waremaster is correct...Verizon will allow you to suspend your account without paying for up to 30 days. However, they will extend your contract that many days as well.
    01-30-09 10:26 AM
    Unfortuante as it is for you at this time, yes, you do need the $30 data plan in order to use your BB.
    01-30-09 10:28 AM
    If you PM your PIN to me I will give you a very good headhunter contact info. Also, I will check with my company (don't want to give company name in post).
    01-30-09 10:30 AM
    Hey sorry to hear. Lots of luck finding a new job! Maybe the bb can be ur lucky charm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 10:39 AM
    Also very sorry you lost your job. Think we should have a thread about BB users who've lost their job in light of this suck economy. It would add some awareness to the severity of our problem and maybe hook people up that might help. I'm serious.
    01-30-09 10:42 AM
    One option you have is to sell your storm and buy a cheap used phone to carry your account without the extra $30 for data. You only need data if you stay on a bb. Good luck

01-30-09 11:07 AM
    Sorry you lost your job buddy.

- E
    01-30-09 11:17 AM
    Man Im sorry to hear that.

Ive been out of a job for almost 2 months now, so I feel you on this.

Good luck to you, and never think that its impossible to get back on your feet.
    Have faith and confidence in yourself and you will be banking that money in no time.
    01-30-09 11:23 AM
    Whereupon a door closes, a window opens...
    I hope you find that window quickly, and best of luck in your search.

01-30-09 11:24 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD