With so many negative posts on the Storm, I decided I would report a positive one for just a little balance. I was a Sprint subscriber using a Treo 700P who opened an account with VZW for a few reasons, one of which was the Storm.

On day 1 with the Storm, I thought, "Thank God I did not port my number because this device is not working well and I am going to return it. I'll stick with Sprint and see what kind of Blackberry they get in '09."

Fast forward 5 days or so and I found that I liked the device and service so much, I decided to port my number and close my Sprint account. It took a bit of time to get used to the interface and the way the Storm works. Is it perfect no, but as far as I can tell there is no perfect Smartphone out there.

Anyway...I like the Storm and closed my other account with another provider to prove it.

At some point, maybe I'll take the time to write a post about what I like about it but since I am still learning it is probably a little early to do so.
    11-27-08 09:01 AM
    Great to hear some positive feedback!
    11-27-08 09:17 AM
    Congrats and I think you'll love Verizon. Their customer service is amazing, too.

I think they should put a notice in with each Storm sold saying that customers should allow for a three-day "adjustment period"!!

At day one, I hated it ... totally. Day two, hated it. Day three... hmmmm, starting to like it... Now, I am getting addicted!!! It's my first BB.
    11-27-08 09:20 AM
    welcome to crackberry swami and rosebudster, if ya'll need any help feel free to ask any of us or pm me.
    11-27-08 09:49 AM
    glad to hear your enjoying your new device...
    must give credit for wading through the B/S and making your own opinion....if you need any help just ask and you shall receive
    11-27-08 10:34 AM
    absolutely love mine. has been flawless since i deleted vz navigator.
    11-27-08 10:36 AM
    With so many negative posts on the Storm, I decided I would report a positive one for just a little balance. I was a Sprint subscriber using a Treo 700P who opened an account with VZW for a few reasons, one of which was the Storm.

On day 1 with the Storm, I thought, "Thank God I did not port my number because this device is not working well and I am going to return it. I'll stick with Sprint and see what kind of Blackberry they get in '09."

Fast forward 5 days or so and I found that I liked the device and service so much, I decided to port my number and close my Sprint account. It took a bit of time to get used to the interface and the way the Storm works. Is it perfect no, but as far as I can tell there is no perfect Smartphone out there.

Anyway...I like the Storm and closed my other account with another provider to prove it.

At some point, maybe I'll take the time to write a post about what I like about it but since I am still learning it is probably a little early to do so.
    Same boat here. Switched from tmobo. Love the storm have been crackin' hard for 5 years and the storm is the best BB i have used. As a frame of reference I have used the following BBs 6230, 7290, 7100, 8700, 8100, 8120. Also have an iPhone 2g that I used briefly and now just use it as an iPod Touch.

I am a major SureType fan and can actually type faster with SureType than a full keyboard. The Storm keyboard is not as fast as the 8120 keyboard but it is pretty good. The improvements in the email and web browsing/rendering are just amazing for RIM. They have really come a long way.......all in all I am a big fan.
    11-27-08 10:50 AM
    Congrats and I think you'll love Verizon. Their customer service is amazing, too.

I think they should put a notice in with each Storm sold saying that customers should allow for a three-day "adjustment period"!!

At day one, I hated it ... totally. Day two, hated it. Day three... hmmmm, starting to like it... Now, I am getting addicted!!! It's my first BB.

My local store actually had a guy (either Rimm employee or Independent) to help with the product release. He was telling every person there that the Storm has a learning curve and to give it a week or two.
    11-27-08 11:38 AM
    absolutely love mine. has been flawless since i deleted vz navigator.
    How does one delete vz navigator? Thanks!
    11-27-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD