Okay guys, here's a real funny true story. This actually happened to me tonight. So I'm driving home from work (long drive), and I decided to call Verizon and speak to a Technical Support Rep. about my Storm 9530. Don't ask why. I was bored, and just felt like calling.

Granted, I'm no expert on the Storm. But I know my way around it pretty well. I'm sure everyone reading this post, has faced memory issues on the device at one point. And a majority of us know to free up memory, we can run memory clean, delete apps, delete old emails, old text messages, and those beloved plazmic themes, were not using. And as a last resort, do a battery pull.

So the reason why I called Verizon tech support was to see what they might possibly suggest to free up memory and to see what the optimum memory should be at with running 1 plazmic theme, (in my case, iberry blocks), and I also asked this Verizon rep. about the next OS release. Let me start by saying, this person was LOST! The Verizon rep. didn't know what plazmic themes were, did not know what the optimum memory should be running at,
    (from my knowledge around 20mb and up), didn't know when the last OS upgrade was to the Storm, and should I go on? How can a Verizon rep. that works in Tech support, not know when the last OS upgrade was? LOL

What made this even funnier was, this Verizon Tech Rep. has a Storm!!!!! ROFL!
    After, I briefly mentioned what I knew about the Storm. The rep. started asking me questions about what kind of settings he should set-up with his Storm! What kind of applications, he should download, and so on.
    WOW! Talk about quality, knowledgeable, reps. at Verizon.

I just had to share this with everyone. One of the funniest things, that has ever happened to me!

03-16-09 08:55 PM
    Wash Rinse Repeat if necessary
    03-16-09 08:58 PM
    FYI: Memory cleaning does NOT free up app memory. That is why it is under security and not memory. Common misconception.

Also anything over 12mb is ok for memory. Lately, people have been in a frenzy about having 676mb free because they fail to realize that it really doesn't matter nearly as much as they think it does.
    03-16-09 08:59 PM
    Tell me something new... Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 09:01 PM
    hahahah I agree with you. This thread gave me a pretty good laugh. Not because its just funny, but because it speaks TRUTH lol. They are clueless sometimes, and it just goes to show that you can be ANYONE and get a job almost ANYWHERE lol. But I have faith in Verizon. There higher smarter people that have knowledge with this stuff. There the ones that dont talk heh.
    03-16-09 09:02 PM
    Okay guys, here's a real funny true story. This actually happened to me tonight. So I'm driving home from work (long drive), and I decided to call Verizon and speak to a Technical Support Rep. about my Storm 9530. Don't ask why. I was bored, and just felt like calling.

Granted, I'm no expert on the Storm. But I know my way around it pretty well. I'm sure everyone reading this post, has faced memory issues on the device at one point. And a majority of us know to free up memory, we can run memory clean, delete apps, delete old emails, old text messages, and those beloved plazmic themes, were not using. And as a last resort, do a battery pull.

So the reason why I called Verizon tech support was to see what they might possibly suggest to free up memory and to see what the optimum memory should be at with running 1 plazmic theme, (in my case, iberry blocks), and I also asked this Verizon rep. about the next OS release. Let me start by saying, this person was LOST! The Verizon rep. didn't know what plazmic themes were, did not know what the optimum memory should be running at,
    (from my knowledge around 20mb and up), didn't know when the last OS upgrade was to the Storm, and should I go on? How can a Verizon rep. that works in Tech support, not know when the last OS upgrade was? LOL

What made this even funnier was, this Verizon Tech Rep. has a Storm!!!!! ROFL!
    After, I briefly mentioned what I knew about the Storm. The rep. started asking me questions about what kind of settings he should set-up with his Storm! What kind of applications, he should download, and so on.
    WOW! Talk about quality, knowledgeable, reps. at Verizon.

I just had to share this with everyone. One of the funniest things, that has ever happened to me!

Did you refer him to Crackberry.com?
    03-16-09 09:11 PM
    that would have been the first thing i have done
    03-16-09 09:15 PM
    truly the blind leading the sighted. *sigh*
    03-16-09 09:22 PM
    Just a few points:

First techs aren't required to know release dates of firmware upgrades. Why in the heck would they want to?

Second Plazmic is a subsidiary of RIM and has nothing to do with Verizon. Even if it did, it hasn't been released.

Third, "optimum memory" is subjective. I may not like the delay with 30 legs, joe blow may not even notice an issue at 10.

Finally, him asking u questions was probably intended to prevent you from asking anymore stupid questions.

03-16-09 09:39 PM
    Just a few points:

First techs aren't required to know release dates of firmware upgrades. Why in the heck would they want to?

Second Plazmic is a subsidiary of RIM and has nothing to do with Verizon. Even if it did, it hasn't been released.

Third, "optimum memory" is subjective. I may not like the delay with 30 legs, joe blow may not even notice an issue at 10.

Finally, him asking u questions was probably intended to prevent you from asking anymore stupid questions.

this.

thanks for saying all that so i didnt have to lol. Why should a VZW rep have to know about plazmic themes?
    03-16-09 09:45 PM
    Its funny how someone who doesn't work for the company can talk trash about those who do. Oh and the statement about hiring anyone...go ahead and apply buddy, I dare you. with your grammar, you wouldn't get an interview with the janitorial department.
    03-16-09 09:46 PM
    LOL. I did refer him to crackberry.
    03-16-09 09:51 PM
    forrest gump makes most verizon employees look stupid. no offense to OP, but its not hard to outsmart verizon reps. you have been awarded no points, and may god have mercy on your soul LOL LMAO j/k
    03-16-09 09:52 PM
    this.

thanks for saying all that so i didnt have to lol. Why should a VZW rep have to know about plazmic themes?
    Having general knowledge to at least know, what a plazmic theme is what I am talking about. I can careless what the rep knows, or doesn't. Like I said before, he has a Storm himself!
    03-16-09 09:53 PM
    Its funny how someone who doesn't work for the company can talk trash about those who do. Oh and the statement about hiring anyone...go ahead and apply buddy, I dare you. with your grammar, you wouldn't get an interview with the janitorial department.
    Who's talking trash? I'm just speaking the truth.
    03-16-09 09:58 PM
    i used to work for verizon wireless....USED to....even as an employee trying to talk to these untrained monkeys was a chore. talking to alltels IT department in little rock ark was easier. good luck calling verizon CS now, its like you need to learn ebonics just to speak to them now. last person, a so called supervisor sounded like she had downsyndrome and it took her at least 3 minutes to say her little introduction. o, and good luck trying to explain your problem to them and not needing to repeat it 4-6 times.

me: the sky is blue, with 12 clouds and one looks like a ford emblem
    rep: ok sir, so the sky has too many clouds and you see a bowtie?

rinse, repeat 4-6 times. you get the idea. verizon DOES hire any mutant they can find, because mutants dont talk back. and lets not forget store reps too....many of them seem to think who they are, all stuck up. employees at the wynn resort arent anywhere near as stuck up as they are at many verizon stores.
    "i work for verizon, im god of wireless"
    pee off vz rep, your no better than the doofus sprint rep down the street.
    03-16-09 09:58 PM
    that is like being the smartest kid at summer school....
    03-16-09 10:01 PM
    well iamarda, it sounds like you are just trying to build up your self confidence by blasting someone who may not know as much as you. Big deal, do you know how to pull the contacts and pictures off of a 4 year old phone that is water damaged and can only power on while holding down the keypad because if you lift off it will power off? Sounds like you are one of 3 things...
    1) someone who has low self esteem and thinks its cool to rip other, making you 12 or at least have the common sense of a 112 yr old
    2) a disgruntled ex-employee who was fired for doing something really stupid
    or
    3) somone who works at sheetz and is still bitter ecause when they applied for a job at vzw they were rejected heavily and fast

not smart to rip the people who work for the company of the carrier of your cellphone when your email address is very easy to access on here and guess what? thats all an employee needs to look up your account. just some friendly advice.
    03-16-09 10:04 PM
    that burn was way too long...and anyone can transfer that stuff, it just takes a bunch of tries. working for a cell phone company is not hard.
    03-16-09 10:05 PM
    brandon I respect your loyalty to vzw, but they are just like every other phone co. right now, they are one of the best....but that is not saying much.
    03-16-09 10:07 PM
    used to huh? let me guess, you worked for a temp agency as a greeter and when christmas was over you were let go and now you're greeting at an agent sprint store? plus you sound bitter towards store reps, did you get passed over for that job too? lol...we are Gods...lol...you might have worked for an agent indirect store in a mall kiosk and dreamed of being a sales rep at a real store, now you're selling trac-phones at radio shack..bitter people make me laugh
    03-16-09 10:09 PM
    really and you worked for vzw long enough to compare?
    03-16-09 10:10 PM
    I wouldnt even know where to find a temp agency and i know i worked for VZW a lot longer than you ever did if you are posting some **** like that on here.....I bet you got a hard on after your crappy rep visit huh....
    03-16-09 10:16 PM

this thread was corny from jump;
    sQuash it.
    03-16-09 10:20 PM
    just annoys me when people who don't know anything about the company other than what they read, or people who weren't good enough to stay employed with the company, talk crap. yet they still have the service. if the company is made up of such bad service, then why is it the best of the best ?
    03-16-09 10:25 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD