So I am updating my thread (tips and tricks sticky) and crucial_xtreme said if you want the highlight to follow your finger when you move it around on the home screen, hide some apps. So I hid a bunch of apps and rearranged things so I didn't have more buttons on my screen than there was space (i.e. so I wouldnt have to scroll up/down to see the rest)

After I did that, the accelerometer sped up, opening/closing stuff sped up. It generally just sped up on a whole. Try it and tell me if its the same for you
    11-28-08 08:04 PM
    So I am updating my thread (tips and tricks sticky) and crucial_xtreme said if you want the highlight to follow your finger when you move it around on the home screen, hide some apps. So I hid a bunch of apps and rearranged things so I didn't have more buttons on my screen than there was space (i.e. so I wouldnt have to scroll up/down to see the rest)

After I did that, the accelerometer sped up, opening/closing stuff sped up. It generally just sped up on a whole. Try it and tell me if its the same for you
    I thought it was just me, things are definitely faster since I did this, I have almost instant transition from portrait to landscape. I've been tilting the screen back and forth for about 5 minutes trying to make it lag.
    11-28-08 08:08 PM
    LOL.. imman trying to steal my how to make your storm 10x faster thread lol :>!>!>>!!??!?!
    11-28-08 08:08 PM
    i concur! near instant.
    11-28-08 08:09 PM
    LOL.. imman trying to steal my how to make your storm 10x faster thread lol :>!>!>>!!??!?!

haha I can't help it if I made my storm faster with crucials advice then with yours!
    11-28-08 08:09 PM
    lol what ever .. reinstall nz nav and visual and let me know lol *** **** lol...... and ps when i did this my acceloromiter stoped working lol
    11-28-08 08:13 PM
    just reset and .... got to admit ..... your right ... lol.. and also if you go option/security/ memory/ then turn on the memory cleaner it helps ALOT
    11-28-08 08:14 PM
    WOW... it actually seems like the lag is gone. I havent had a chance to really test it out, but its much better with less items on the home screen.
    11-28-08 08:14 PM
    So it's making that big of a difference?
    11-28-08 08:16 PM
    yes it is, atleast with mine.
    11-28-08 08:18 PM
    after testing it out for a few more minutes... it's better in some cases, but not all. The home screen rotates much faster, the keyboard faster, but not as fast as the home screen.

Virtually no difference in the calendar.
    11-28-08 08:20 PM
    the lock/unlock buttom responds better also.
    11-28-08 08:21 PM
    I didn't notice a difference right away but I did a hard reset then a soft reset and now the accelerometer is noticeably faster
    11-28-08 08:23 PM
    Well I'll be damn'd !! Worked for me! I created a folder, titled it "DESKTOP" and put a bunch of icons in it
    11-28-08 08:25 PM
    umm holy crap... this is great! you guys rock!
    11-28-08 08:26 PM
    Wow sooks I turn on memory cleaner and it makes mine none responsive on the accelerometer.
    11-28-08 08:26 PM
    This works like a champ..its at least a start until there is a new firmware update
    11-28-08 08:27 PM
    Wow sooks I did the memory thing and froze me up
    11-28-08 08:31 PM
    Wow sooks I turn on memory cleaner and it makes mine none responsive on the accelerometer.
    NO NO NO dont turn it on it causes massive lag , but if you click the list down below the options of memory cleaner it will clean it with out keeping the program on.
    11-28-08 08:31 PM

LOL massive thread-jacking..

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/hom...ercial-104935/
    11-28-08 08:41 PM
    I did no such think, I got a tip from crucial_xtreme and appropriately gave him credit.

And plus that person was just telling you HOW to make the highlight follow your finger, I am saying it speeds up the phone
    11-28-08 08:43 PM
    wow that actually worked,,stll sux we have to do these thngs just to get it to run par
    11-28-08 08:45 PM
    yah but atleast were able to figure these things out so it does.
    11-28-08 08:50 PM

Nice find, bet someone is already over at hofo posting your find. hehe
    11-28-08 08:57 PM
    Holy frack it works. Sucks that we have to do this though... hopefully the update will address this.

I created some folders and moved icons into those folders instead of hiding them.

Does anyone know if it makes a diff if you have 12 or 16 icons on the portrait view? 12 means that you don't have to scroll on landscape either.
    11-28-08 09:01 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD