It has been working great, only that I can't seem to use facebook nor any other app because it says that I need a data plan in order to use it. What do I have to do to use them? Also it says that there are some update available, does the unlock goes away if I update those things?
    06-21-09 02:06 AM
    Blackberry will require data plan to access any internet related apps.
    The update is for the latest software revision. Your phone is probably running old software.
    Use the search function here on CB to guide you thru updating your operating system.
    If you like your phone now, updating to newest operation system will turn it into a totally different device (much better).
    Enjoy your storm and CB is the place to find answers to anything you may want to know about your Storm.
    06-21-09 02:15 AM
    You'll have to call AT&T and sign up for a BlackBerry data plan, don't tell them you're using the Storm though. Sign up for a Curve data plan since you'll only be able to use EDGE.

And once a BlackBerry is unlocked it remains unlocked. It can't be reverted.
    06-21-09 02:17 AM
    Okay so I went ahead and clicked on update, but this message appeared. What those it mean by I'll need to activate?
    06-21-09 02:58 AM
    Ignore that. Once you update your phone should work fine without having to 'reactivate' it. Mine says that everytime I update via DM and I've never had to activate it again.
    06-21-09 03:35 AM
    Ignore that. Once you update your phone should work fine without having to 'reactivate' it. Mine says that everytime I update via DM and I've never had to activate it again.
    same here ... mine says it every time.
    06-21-09 11:24 AM
    I updated it and all went great, except now when I try to call someone I get this.

Capture_20090621.flv video by JakkOzz - Photobucket

Anyone know what happened and what can I do to fix it?
    06-21-09 06:11 PM
    That message is aimed at CDMA users. Whereas a GSM company will use SIM cards to associate a phone with its phone number, CDMA works a little differently.

With CDMA, instead of inserting a SIM card, you have the MEID or ESN of the phone entered on the server side. (Can be done from home or often from the phone itself.) Then, you program the phone by using one of two means: You can either have the network program the phone automatically, or you can enter a "service code" (varies by phone) to program the phone number in manually. It depends on your local coverage and if you're roaming or not.

Anywho, that's what "activate" means in this case. Users typically have to dial *228 after erasing their phone for any reason in order to reprogram it.
    06-21-09 06:27 PM
    I'm sorry but since I'm new I have no idea what you just said. I tried *228 and got Unable to Activate.
    06-21-09 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD