im a noob to blackberries if i do the new update it says it will delete everthing does that mean my vids and songs and pics or what
    12-06-08 11:07 PM
    everything will still be there... I did the update with 2 storms. one OTA and one with DM
    12-06-08 11:15 PM
    im a noob to blackberries if i do the new update it says it will delete everthing does that mean my vids and songs and pics or what
    All true, the upgrade wipe the phone but not the Media Card, if you have one. That's the bad news. The good news is that the process does a full Backup first and then a Restore after the upgrade so you will not lose anything.

I always do a Sync to OUtlook first and then a Backup. I also keep very little data in Device Memory. Even this data is duplicated on my Media Card.

If you do nt understand what I have said, then you should not yet attemot an upgrade. If this is the case, then hang around here and read a few posts, you'll get there.
    12-06-08 11:17 PM
    All true, the upgrade wipe the phone but not the Media Card, if you have one. That's the bad news. The good news is that the process does a full Backup first and then a Restore after the upgrade so you will not lose anything.

I always do a Sync to OUtlook first and then a Backup. I also keep very little data in Device Memory. Even this data is duplicated on my Media Card.

If you do nt understand what I have said, then you should not yet attemot an upgrade. If this is the case, then hang around here and read a few posts, you'll get there.
    i have everything on the memory card except for a couple things so pretty much everthing will stay right?
    and how long did take to do the upgrade
    12-06-08 11:23 PM
    Everything on the memory card will still be there. The upgrade takes about 30 minutes total.
    12-06-08 11:25 PM
    ok i just read about about a guy and he said all the default ringtones were gone did that happen to anyone else
    12-06-08 11:27 PM
    ok i just read about about a guy and he said all the default ringtones were gone did that happen to anyone else
    Lke I said, I keep copies of my current ringtones on my Media Card so you should copy them before you start the upgrade and then copy them back if needed. The uprade process should handle this though.
    12-06-08 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD