I have three small apps installed, yet when I do a pull I only get back to 8.5 MB free. I haven't had a large amount free since I had problems installing software via Appworld. There were several failed downloads and I think whatever "temp" files it uses is where my memory is hiding.
    Also, is there a hack to increase system memory?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 08:03 PM
    The 1GB of internal "Media Memory" is just that, Media Memory... you can store pictures, ringtones, movies, and music to it, NOT apps. Unfortunately, you're stuck with the limited 128MB of Flash memory for OS and Apps. Once the OS is loaded, you're left with about 40MB of free memory (depending on OS build you've loaded).
    02-09-10 08:22 PM
    I'm using .328. If I remove app world and reinstall it, maybe that will help.

02-09-10 09:07 PM
    Probably not, since AppWorld is an app by itself. Maybe your Appmemory (Flashmemory) increases a bit or even vice versa by uninstalling and reinstalling. But in the end you will end up at pretty much the same memory.
    The only way to increase your app memory is to get rid of unused/useless apps altogether and strictly monitoring what kind of apps are running in the background.
    02-09-10 09:32 PM
    And if everything else fails, try to wipe your phone using a wiping software and reinstall your OS. A simple battery pull also helps, sometimes!
    02-09-10 09:34 PM
    Be sure to clean out old email and text messages. It can be amazing how much memory they can take up if not managed.
    02-09-10 09:51 PM
    I cleared phone logs and email but not txt, thanks for the tips guys.

02-10-10 09:32 AM
    Nope, no help. I think I'm going to have to wipe it.

02-10-10 09:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD