i use these apps on a daily basis and couldn't imagine my life (oops i mean storm) without them:

-viigo
    -quicklaunch
    -quickpull
    -aerize alerts
    -garmin mobile
    -speedtest
    -vibandring
    -slacker

(plenty of info on all of the above in the 3rd party apps forum and crackberry store.)
    03-28-09 12:03 AM
    Looks like some one got one of those bad storms

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol your a fool black.
    03-28-09 02:38 AM
    I think that the bad publicity comes from the 1 out of 10 that either can't understand the BB OS or just are not happy unless they are complaining about something. I have not had a single problem with my phone that I didn't bring on myself and correct myself. On average you will find that the other 9 out of 10 people that love their storm don't complain about it but they also on average don't rave about it either. I would say that 7 out of 10 users that own a storm don't even know that crackberry.com exists. People that like to complain tend to seek out places like this to make their thoughts known.
    Yes all this is so very true.
    03-28-09 02:39 AM
    I love the .113 OS its just occasionally(not all the time just rarely) i still get the EDGE to edge crap. Other than that my .113 has been a couple of walks in the park.
    03-28-09 02:44 AM
    Ya bEen here for a year also. My curve was good to me used the crap out of it but now this is all good. Only a few things about the stom I'd improve but its very well made.
    Only had it a week so far and some times it was a pain lol but more reading went to new os then I landed on 113 and so far its working good. So cheers to CB

Jason

03-28-09 07:18 AM
    ma stirm iz da bets foan a eva hed
    That's just horible

03-28-09 07:24 AM
    I really like my Storm too.
    Some quick tips:
    -If you upgrade to .109, the camera delay is much improved and the transparent camera bar on the screen gives you a full shot of the picture your taking. (Edit: Never mind...just saw you're running .113)

-Slacker is a great free music app.

-In the "How To" sub-forum, there is a thread about transferring DVD movies to your Storm. Non-widescreen flicks look great on the Storm.

Get to Stormin'!
    Last edited by richs10; 03-28-09 at 07:35 AM.
    03-28-09 07:32 AM
    We Any thing must have/know let the storm noob know wuwu.
    DITTO!!

03-28-09 07:48 AM
    Ok I got 19000000 bytes usually its around 50. This would be memory leak? Never had a problem with my curve so this is all pretty new to me lol. Oh and just put 113 on last night

03-28-09 07:53 AM
    I think that the bad publicity comes from the 1 out of 10 that either can't understand the BB OS or just are not happy unless they are complaining about something. I have not had a single problem with my phone that I didn't bring on myself and correct myself. On average you will find that the other 9 out of 10 people that love their storm don't complain about it but they also on average don't rave about it either. I would say that 7 out of 10 users that own a storm don't even know that crackberry.com exists. People that like to complain tend to seek out places like this to make their thoughts known.
    here's the thing... as consumers you shouldnt have to go on third party websites and find hacked up OSes that have 16 steps and directory swaps to make your phone work.

6 out of 10 statistics are made up on the spot btw
    03-28-09 08:51 AM
    here's the thing... as consumers you shouldnt have to go on third party websites and find hacked up OSes that have 16 steps and directory swaps to make your phone work.
    And a business class device should be working 100%, all the time, without exception. Crashes in BB Messenger, reboots, VSOD's are unacceptable in a phone that's expected to perform in a business environment.

RIM dropped the ball on this phone, this OS and that of the BOLD as well. They aren't interested in perfection any longer. Just sales quotas. That policy could come back to haunt them and their shareholders sooner than they think.
    03-28-09 08:59 AM
    And a business class device should be working 100%, all the time, without exception. Crashes in BB Messenger, reboots, VSOD's are unacceptable in a phone that's expected to perform in a business environment.

RIM dropped the ball on this phone, this OS and that of the BOLD as well. They aren't interested in perfection any longer. Just sales quotas. That policy could come back to haunt them and their shareholders sooner than they think.
    I must be the luckiest guy in the world. My phone has never done any of these things. It just hasn't happened to me.

A little dust under the screen after 4 months and one random re-boot (which I may have caused) are about all I can complain about. I was using .75 until a few weeks ago. .113 made the phone somewhat faster, improved the memory readings (which never caused a problem anyway) and improved the camera shutter lag, but that's about all I can see. I'm not saying all Storms were perfect, but I cannot say RIM dropped the ball with my phone.
    03-28-09 10:00 AM

6 out of 10 statistics are made up on the spot btw
    There is some truth to this, but this is going to be the case going forward for all devices like this. You can take the two main examples that most people use: the iPhone and the Storm. the iPhone has to be "jailbroke" to get some features on it to work, such as MMS, landscape keyboard, video, etc. The Storm needs the leaks and betas to improve the speed of the keyboard, acceleromter and BT issues.

And 1 out of 13 people make a comment regarding statistics.
    03-28-09 10:25 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD