Am I reading this correctly?

1 GB Flash memory

The answer seems obvious but what kind of impact will this have?

I hate dealing with memory issues on my 8830.
    11-06-08 03:23 PM
    can the 1 GB be used for apps?
    11-06-08 03:25 PM
    It's internal memory, so i assume...yea. Memory is memory if remember right....right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 03:27 PM
    I thought memory was memory until I quickly learned that the micro sd memory was not intended for applications
    11-06-08 03:34 PM
    honestly i have NO idea lol!! I am clueless with the memory thing I think that is why I dont upload any of the apps and things.
    11-06-08 03:48 PM
    First off there has been a thread about this already.

But for the sake of arguing. No there is 128MB or internal ram 192MB or internal rom. And 1GB or internal ram. And up to 16GB of removable memory. And no not all ram is equal. the 128MB is used for apps, the 192MB is for the operating system, and the 1GB is used for Multimedia only the same as external. Not sure why they blocked it this way but it is the way my MotoQ i can run programs from anywhere including the removable media. anyways hope this helps
    11-06-08 03:49 PM
    Do you think we will be able to use the 1gb or external memory cards for apps later on down the road?

Since we're talking about memory, what do you guys think of this deal?
    Newegg.com - A-DATA 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD and miniSD adapters Model MicroSDHC 8G 2 adt - Flash Memory

it's a 8gb like the one that it comes with but its a class 6
    11-06-08 04:16 PM
    Soooooo, how many apps can you fit into the 128MB? Plenty i hope....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 04:30 PM
    Do you think we will be able to use the 1gb or external memory cards for apps later on down the road?

Since we're talking about memory, what do you guys think of this deal?
    Newegg.com - A-DATA 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD and miniSD adapters Model MicroSDHC 8G 2 adt - Flash Memory

it's a 8gb like the one that it comes with but its a class 6

Does this mean the Storm is going to come with an 8gb microSD?

[EDIT] Just looked it up, and yes it does. 8gb Sandisk MicroSD.
    Last edited by shooptek; 11-06-08 at 05:13 PM.
    11-06-08 05:08 PM
    There is a program called Areize Card Loader that will allow you to load and unload programs off of a media card. As far as questions to the media cards , check out the link to "media cards explained" in my signature.
    11-06-08 05:11 PM
    There is a program called Areize Card Loader that will allow you to load and unload programs off of a media card. As far as questions to the media cards , check out the link to "media cards explained" in my signature.
    I was under the impression that this application didnt work very well
    11-06-08 10:19 PM
    First off there has been a thread about this already.

But for the sake of arguing. No there is 128MB or internal ram 192MB or internal rom. And 1GB or internal ram. And up to 16GB of removable memory. And no not all ram is equal. the 128MB is used for apps, the 192MB is for the operating system, and the 1GB is used for Multimedia only the same as external. Not sure why they blocked it this way but it is the way my MotoQ i can run programs from anywhere including the removable media. anyways hope this helps
    This is slightly incorrect.

128MB Flash is what's available for BOTH OS and Apps/Themes.

1GB of internal memory is for media and docs. (Ringtones/pics/wallpapers/music) This will behave the same as whatever you put in the media card slot. The Storm releases with an included 8GB MicroSD card in it.

So, technically, you have 9GB of media memory, but are limited to 128MB of space for apps/themes/cached browser content, etc. After OS install, expect somewhere around 60-70MB or so of free space. This of course is an estimation based on the fact that 8330 (which have 96MB) have about 40-50MB free after a clean OS install. Honestly, 60MB is not enough in my book. This device should have come with 256MB Flash and 256MB of RAM (would have sped the processing along A LOT)
    11-06-08 11:29 PM
    This is slightly incorrect.

128MB Flash is what's available for BOTH OS and Apps/Themes.

1GB of internal memory is for media and docs. (Ringtones/pics/wallpapers/music) This will behave the same as whatever you put in the media card slot. The Storm releases with an included 8GB MicroSD card in it.

So, technically, you have 9GB of media memory, but are limited to 128MB of space for apps/themes/cached browser content, etc. After OS install, expect somewhere around 60-70MB or so of free space. This of course is an estimation based on the fact that 8330 (which have 96MB) have about 40-50MB free after a clean OS install. Honestly, 60MB is not enough in my book. This device should have come with 256MB Flash and 256MB of RAM (would have sped the processing along A LOT)
    Why do you think RIM's doing this? Is there just not enough room? I know that's what they said about the WiFi and it made sense. I'm surprised that since the iPhone's come with so much memory that this BB wouldn't have more room for apps.
    11-07-08 07:45 AM
    I was under the impression that this application didnt work very well
    I used it on my 8120 and it worked fine. I had 12 or 13 programs on it and I never had a problem. I don't use it on my 8220 due to I have over 60MB free with the same programs loaded on the internal memory.

You can try out the trial version for free (14 days if I remember correctly)
    11-07-08 08:03 AM
    the amunt of memory for apps is a concern for me but we'll see once I try it.
    11-07-08 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD