So, I kinda got over the virtual VM. Its ok and all, but I wasn't that impressed. I'm trying youmail.com's voice mail and its pretty cool. Sends text transcripts of messages.

Its not 100% accurate, but so far, I've been able to decipher this.
    12-16-08 02:05 PM
    I too am on youmail.com and have no reason to change
    12-16-08 02:23 PM
    YouMail is by far the best VM app available.
    12-16-08 02:24 PM
    Yeap. I never even setup my VZW VM when I first got my phone. I switched directly to Youmail. I love the custom greetings you can download
    12-16-08 02:26 PM
    Everyone knows there is a launcher you can download to your BB that takes you right to your voicemail right? So it's kinda like Visual VM...just free.
    12-16-08 02:28 PM
    so, what's the catch for the "free service" - do you have to listen to ads or something?
    12-16-08 02:39 PM
    so, what's the catch for the "free service" - do you have to listen to ads or something?
    Nope. No ads at all. You set your VM greeting and the caller here's that right away. No fees or charges to you.
    12-16-08 02:41 PM
    I didn't care for youmail and think VVM is far superior. I had Youmail for two weeks and it didn't always connect, lost a few messages & overall was very buggy. I need to get my VMs quickly and so far VVM has been reliable. I'll pay $3/month and keep my fingers crossed that VVM stays that way for me.
    12-16-08 03:06 PM
    i've been using YM also. it works absolutely fine, and i love the personal greetings!
    12-16-08 03:32 PM
    I've been on YouMail since they first started the service... I am thoroughly happy with it and never even considered the Visual Voicemail because it pales in comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 04:26 PM
    By forwarding voicemail to youmail do you get charged for that?
    12-16-08 05:48 PM
    I'll go to VVM when it becomes free (I give it a year or so)....till then I'll be a YouMail user....love that you can block numbers and send them to a greeting that tells them to stop calling if you want.

Forwarding calls is free unless you're on sprint myster1ous.
    12-16-08 05:51 PM
    so if you have Sprint its .20 cents for every forwarded call....
    12-19-08 08:07 PM
    Everyone knows there is a launcher you can download to your BB that takes you right to your voicemail right? So it's kinda like Visual VM...just free.
    just got it and i LOVE it
    Last edited by emiliation; 12-19-08 at 08:49 PM.
    12-19-08 08:34 PM
    I love u mail been with them for a almost a year now have about 6 different greetings for family and friends
    12-19-08 08:37 PM
    I love Youmail, and you really don't need the launcher if you have it set to text you when you receive voicemails. It works the same way, and is actually a little faster.
    12-19-08 08:40 PM
    Where can you download this launcher?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 08:57 PM
    How do I install a shortcut on my Blackberry for visual voicemail?

YouMail - Help Center

On the YouMail Mobile SignIn page there is a link to the shortcut application. Using your BlackBerry device, follow the link and download/install the application. When the install is completed you will find the shortcut application in the Applications folder. It will be display as a small YouMail icon. Clicking it will take you directly to your YouMail Mobile home page, or the SignIn page if your are not already signed-in.

You can move the application to some place other than the Applications folder by selecting it using the trackball, then selecting the Menu button. Now use the trackball, navigate to where you want to place the shortcut and drop it in it's new location by pressing the center of the trackball. We recommend the top of the main screen so it's always easily accessible. :-)

or

How to get YouMail on your iPhone, Blackberry or Windows Mobile device

Our mobile player doesn't require a download to your phone.

1. Using your phone, go to YouMail SignIn
    2. Log in using your account settings (cell number and password)
    3. Select the call you'd like to listen to by clicking the avatar
    4. Click the play button

If you have any more questions please contact us via [email protected]
    12-19-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD