I had the Storm from the day it came out. I had nothing but problems with every OS I downloaded. So I got my replacement Curve today and am willing to give up the lower screen resolution for a proper functioning phone. With the insurance plan I have I will be returning to the Storm in the spring hopefully when everything has been worked out.

The Storm is an amazing phone if everything functioned properly. Bottom line is, it doesn't so it sucks. When it performs like its supposed to then people will be blown away.

No real purpose to this message just thought I'd let anyone else who's frustrated with the Storm out there know that I snapped like I hear most everyone else is!

Cheers
    12-16-08 06:44 PM
    Sadly, I am about to admit defeat also. I can't get nearly as much done (between reboots and battery pulls) on this thing that I could on the Curve.
    12-16-08 06:46 PM
    Another specific problem. I am way too slow on that damn thing. literally takes fives times as long to send a text or an email with all of the mistypes.
    12-16-08 06:49 PM
    i havent given up yet but im close...its still really slow for everydaay use...or im just really smart and thnk 8 moves ahead of ths thng...im still tryn to love it...its getn harder
    12-16-08 06:50 PM
    I've had 3 storms already (1st : bad clicky screen , 2nd: not new replacement was fine but i demand a NEW replacement for my NEW phone, 3rd: new works great) and not had a single problem outside of the screen clicking problem with the first phone.

I have only had to hard reset my phone about 5 times in the time i've had it and mostly because of issues when re-putting my stuff onto the new phone once a replacement has arrived.

I can not understand how/why anyone has had so many issues with this phone, atleast not nearly enough to return this thing yet. I would give it 6 months and if by then most of the bugs are not fixed THEN sell it or ****, get an iphone.

Considering there have been at least 2 MAJOR OS updates since the phone has been released (and its barely been out a month?) I would think that BB is working VERY HARD to make this phone just as good as the rest of their models.

HAVE PATIENCE!
    12-16-08 06:54 PM
    OMG not another "I gave up" thread.

I didn't even read your post but I already know what it says something along these lines

..."My old blackberry was so fast and wonderful. The storm is slow, laggy, I press buttons with my cheek etc. "

These threads pop up like 5 a day.

I mean that in the nicest way possible
    12-16-08 06:56 PM
    I've had 3 storms already (1st : bad clicky screen , 2nd: not new replacement was fine but i demand a NEW replacement for my NEW phone, 3rd: new works great) and not had a single problem outside of the screen clicking problem with the first phone.

I have only had to hard reset my phone about 5 times in the time i've had it and mostly because of issues when re-putting my stuff onto the new phone once a replacement has arrived.

I can not understand how/why anyone has had so many issues with this phone, atleast not nearly enough to return this thing yet. I would give it 6 months and if by then most of the bugs are not fixed THEN sell it or ****, get an iphone.

Considering there have been at least 2 MAJOR OS updates since the phone has been released (and its barely been out a month?) I would think that BB is working VERY HARD to make this phone just as good as the rest of their models.

HAVE PATIENCE!
    2 major OS updates?

I count 1 minor OS update.
    12-16-08 06:56 PM
    Well this is an original thread.

Anyway, thats unfortunate for you. I've had zero problems and it works like a charm for me. I'll stick to my storm
    12-16-08 06:58 PM
    actually I wrote none of that. Like I said my insurance package makes it so I can get a new one a few months down the road.

Right now for everyday use it slowed me down way too much. I can see the potential it has and can't wait until its all worked out. Me personally couldn't wait any longer, it was starting to screw up important things.
    12-16-08 06:59 PM
    OMG not another "I gave up" thread.

I didn't even read your post but I already know what it says something along these lines

..."My old blackberry was so fast and wonderful. The storm is slow, laggy, I press buttons with my cheek etc. "

These threads pop up like 5 a day.

I mean that in the nicest way possible
    I've defended this phone until now. I have been sick and tired of reading these threads also.

But the truth is the truth!
    12-16-08 07:01 PM
    If I could do it all over again I would've waited until about April to buy the Storm. As I was saying though, this has cost me nothing but a few missed important things and thats it.

Good for anyone who got replacements and didn't have problems with it, I sure wish that was the case with me.
    12-16-08 07:01 PM
    I've defended this phone until now. I have been sick and tired of reading these threads also.

But the truth is the truth!
    Ohh I'm all for speaking the truth but I think all theses threads should be molded into 1 big thread where everyone can talk about why they are switching back. Everyday there are like 5 new threads like this and they all say the same thing really.
    12-16-08 07:08 PM
    Ohh I'm all for speaking the truth but I think all theses threads should be molded into 1 big thread where everyone can talk about why they are switching back. Everyday there are like 5 new threads like this and they all say the same thing really.

So. Shouldn't people be aware that there are issues? None of which Verizon nor RIM will acknowledge
    As a business owner I feel somewhat unsure of this phone, but am sitting on the fence that it
    Is a reliable product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 07:14 PM
    & this makes so much sense!!!!! But in order to add to an already existing thread, people would have to care enough to search 1st and for some reason, which I wont understand; starting a new thread on the same subject is redundant.

I really do believe people start new threads on the same subject because they think what they have to say is going to get buried and wouldn't get the attention they believe it deserves unless it stands on its own.
    12-16-08 07:15 PM
    Get the 8900 love it, its an amazing phone.
    12-16-08 07:16 PM
    So. Shouldn't people be aware that there are issues? None of which Verizon nor RIM will acknowledge
    As a business owner I feel somewhat unsure of this phone, but am sitting on the fence that it
    Is a reliable product.

Trust me if you've done any research on the storm you will find the issues with no problem. People all across the world know the problems. It's all over blogs, video sites, news stations, forums etc. The problems have been discussed. Plus RIM and Verizon both know about the issues. If they didn't do you really think they would have released an update in the first couple weeks and have plans for another major update soon? If they thought everything was working perfectly they would just sit back and collect their money.
    12-16-08 07:20 PM
    Trust me if you've done any research on the storm you will find the issues with no problem. People all across the world know the problems. It's all over blogs, video sites, news stations, forums etc. The problems have been discussed. Plus RIM and Verizon both know about the issues. If they didn't do you really think they would have released an update in the first couple weeks and have plans for another major update soon? If they thought everything was working perfectly they would just sit back and collect their money.
    I have had my phone since day one so the research would have done no good since all the issues were not identified until the phone is released. Please show me a document or statement by VERIZON Or RIM acknowledging the issues and giving reassurance that ALL of the issues wall be addressed. Bet you can't find one.

12-16-08 07:26 PM
    I have had my phone since day one so the research would have done no good since all the issues were not identified until the phone is released. Please show me a document or statement by VERIZON Or RIM acknowledging the issues and giving reassurance that ALL of the issues wall be addressed. Bet you can't find one.

Actions speak louder then words. The fact they released an update in the first couple weeks lets me know they know about the current issues at hand. Also all the replacement phones (except the refurbished ones) no longer have the screen click problem. So that lets me know either they had a bad bunch of phones at launch or they realized the problem and corrected it.

They haven't come right out and held a press conference or anything like that but I can ensure you and everyone else that they know about the problems. I would even go as far as to say they have reps that browse popular forums and get user inputs on info and problems. The thought that RIM wouldn't address the current problems on one of their largest selling phones ever is just absurd.
    12-16-08 07:32 PM
    Actions speak louder then words. The fact they released an update in the first couple weeks lets me know they know about the current issues at hand. Also all the replacement phones (except the refurbished ones) no longer have the screen click problem. So that lets me know either they had a bad bunch of phones at launch or they realized the problem and corrected it.

They haven't come right out and held a press conference or anything like that but I can ensure you and everyone else that they know about the problems. I would even go as far as to say they have reps that browse popular forums and get user inputs on info and problems. The thought that RIM wouldn't address the current problems on one of their largest selling phones ever is just absurd.
    And how would you know this. And don't be a complete a $$ in your post, no one said anything about a press conference.

12-16-08 07:39 PM
    And how would you know this. And don't be a complete a $$ in your post, no one said anything about a press conference.

I'm not trying to come off as an @ss, sorry if I came off that way. I'm just trying to show you a different side that maybe you haven't thought about. They haven't released any info on the problems or the fact they know what's wrong but then again what cell phone companies do? Apple didn't come out and say hey we know all the problems and we're going to fix them, they just fixed them.

Also who know maybe Verizon wont let them come right out and say yeah the storm has some problems that we know about. That would hurt Verizon's sales and Verizon is all about making money.

I can't provide cold hard facts but I can ensure you they know what's going on with the device.
    12-16-08 07:43 PM
    I have to give Verizon credit though- I have had no problem getting help with them with any issues I have had with my Storm. I thought mine was just fine -but today when I stopped in to the store and played with 2 of the new ones- I was blown away with how fast they were and how good the screen clicked. They messed with mine for a bit and tweaked a couple of things and mine is faster than it was before.
    OH-did I mention that I LOVE my Storm????
    12-16-08 08:13 PM
    I truly want to like this phone. It's features, design, concept etc makes all previous blackberries seem archaic in comparison. BUT... if RIM/Verizon doesn't fix the software & hardware issues plaguing this device soon i'm afraid it's going to get to a bad reputation with consumers. Can you say New Coke and Microsoft Bob? lol
    12-16-08 08:23 PM
    i give up
    clicking on these threads
    12-16-08 08:29 PM
    +1 went back to the Curve and waiting on Verizon to release the next BlackBerry. Issues are similar to the many already posted. Good Luck to everyone who is sticking with it.
    12-16-08 08:35 PM
    I'm sorry for all of you. My storm moves fast, my screen clicks perfectly, and everything is running smoothly... Then again, I just got my storm yesterday so I guess I got the updated & tweaked phone My storm is wonderful and I'm addicted.
    12-16-08 08:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD