I own the Storm and have been pretty lucky with it so far. I have had no major issues beyond the occasional reboot we all have come to love so much. However I have a friend selling a Curve 8330 for $100.00 and I am thinking about buying it as a back up phone or just a change of pace if I feel froggy. I am just torn about shelling out $100.00 for a phone to sit in the drawer but on the other hand i have thought it would be fun to customize it with a new bezel and track ball and use it. Has anyone else out there been presented with a similar situation and if you have what did you decide to do? Thanks for letting me pick your brain.
    05-28-09 10:21 AM
    Buy the phone. You may never get the opportunity to buy a Curve for $100 flat out again
    05-28-09 10:24 AM
    I myself am considering and trying to get a backup phone. I'm looking for an 8703, but certainly an 8330 is a great model too and 100 is a GREAT price. I say go for it! Just make sure he releases the PIN before he sells it to you.
    05-28-09 10:26 AM
    Well if you dont want to buy it, I certainly will. Thats an excellent deal, and yeah it would be a good toy to play around with if you didnt want to use it as an everyday phone.

I would jump on that deal.
    05-28-09 10:27 AM
    Key rule to owning a cell phone....always have a backup.

Buy the phone. Its a great deal and a very smart thing to do.
    05-28-09 10:35 AM
    I've kept my old curve as a backup, not used it once since getting my storm but feel better knowing its there just in case
    05-28-09 10:36 AM
    So say one day i feel froggy and decide to start using the Curve. I activate it and load all my contacts and what not. Its gonna have a different PIN then my Storm? The PIN dosnt follow your account? So items like BBM wont just work as they did once i load my contacts to it i would have to establish a new connection to my contacts in BBM with my new PIN?
    05-28-09 10:55 AM
    You can use the device switch wizard through DM and the contacts will never know you changed unless you tell them.
    05-28-09 11:08 AM
    Yep, your PIN is hardware specific
    05-28-09 11:09 AM
    Yes. Your blackberry messenger contacts rill transfer, and your contact info with your pin will update in all of yourBlackberry messenger friends phone. It has worked for me three times no hassle

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:11 AM
    Sweet! I am kinda new to the wonderfull world of BB so I am sorry if the questions seem kinda well stupid. I am a very tecky person and can figure out things for myself most of the time, however sometimes there are those questions that just need to be asked. I thank all of you for answering my questions and making my decision well pretty darn easy. I may just have to give the Curve a test drive for a while and see how it compares to my Storm. Ya never know it may be more to my liking just as the Storm was a major improvement over my Moto Q.
    05-28-09 11:21 AM
    Oh no, a second BB for you.... Next thing you'll know is they'll keep multiplying and the addiction starts. It's like bowling balls... first it's just one, then two because you wanted a spare just in case, next thing you know, they're having babies and the closet it full.
    05-28-09 12:37 PM
    Funny you say that JRSCCivic98! I am a bowler. I bowl several times a week and occasionally travel to tourys on the weekend. So I understand exactly what you mean. I guess its time to empty out a drawer and make room for the BB nursey.
    05-28-09 01:15 PM
    Grab that 100 Curve ASAP! That really is a great price unless it's in horrendous shape. Used Curves generally go for around 200.
    05-28-09 01:21 PM
    I myself am considering and trying to get a backup phone. I'm looking for an 8703, but certainly an 8330 is a great model too and 100 is a GREAT price. I say go for it! Just make sure he releases the PIN before he sells it to you.
    I'd buy it too...I have a 'back up' phone as well...an 8830. Pretty good phone in case the Storm goes froggy...

Steve
    05-28-09 01:24 PM
    Exactly what I have. A Storm and Curve. I swap back and forth. Storm is fun to use but I really love the standard BB form and can't go too long with out switching back to the Curve.
    A back up is always a great idea no matter what it is though.
    05-28-09 01:28 PM
    Im picking it up tonight. Its in great shape. My friend who owns it worked for verizon until just a couple of months ago. He sold me my Storm as a matter of fact. Now I just need to locate parts to customize it. Anybody got a link to a site where I could get a different color bezel and trackball? I guess ill do a little searching before i get yelled at for not searching first.
    05-28-09 01:39 PM
    Im picking it up tonight. Its in great shape. My friend who owns it worked for verizon until just a couple of months ago. He sold me my Storm as a matter of fact. Now I just need to locate parts to customize it. Anybody got a link to a site where I could get a different color bezel and trackball? I guess ill do a little searching before i get yelled at for not searching first.
    Ebay is a good resourse, but there is a GREAT chinese site for BB parts....

Cellular Accessories - Apple, Microsoft, HTC, 3G, BenQ-Siemens, SonyEricsson, Accessories Store, Panaso
    05-28-09 01:52 PM
    I got it! Picked it up last night. Its in great condition. Time to order a red housing and trackball for it. Thank you for all you help.

HMMMM wondering if i should activate it and try it out for a while.
    05-29-09 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD