I had to ask for a replacement today because of the button lifting up issue. Other than that, I love this thing to death. However, I am a little apprehensive about getting charged for the replacement...

See, the Verizon rep asked me if there was any physical damage to the phone, and I was honest...there are a couple of scrapes on the corners from rubbing on things in my pocket. She said that should be OK but then...
    Apparently they are sending me a whole brand new kit, and charging my bill the full amount. She said that as soon as the original is returned the charge will be removed. My fear is that, once they see the scrapes, they will say I must have been too rough with it (or something to that effect) and not refund the charge. Am I just being paranoid?

Also, what is the consensus here...do I return all of the original accessories too, or are they a bonus acquisition? I was really floored by the way the charge is being done, as I had to get 4 replacements for my WM PocketPC and none of the transactions were done this way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 09:59 AM
    Well...if you abused the storm like you dropped it or damaged it in anyway and its the cause of your problem....then...yes, they will charge you and they have every right. You cant expect a new phone for free. Also, you should send everything back with the phone or they might charge for the accessories you have kept. Warranty is only good for defects.
    12-20-08 10:08 AM
    No dropping here...I think I would be be dead from a heart attack if that had happened...the top two corners have scrapes on the silver part from rubbing up against my keys (I just about flipped when I saw that the first time) and there is a small divot below the button strip from where my ring rubs when I am holding the Storm in landscape (I wear a titanium band on my right forefinger). Other than that it is probably in the best condition of any phone I have ever had.

I figured the accessories might have to go back... I just wondered since through the replacements of the last I scored an extra battery, 3 extra chargers and cables, and 4 extra styli. I will probably call Verizon before sending everything back to make sure, as they were the ones who told me to keep the extras in the past.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD