Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CrackBerry Newbie

I've experianced all of the above.... riding this one out until my contract is out. Droid for me and I'll never look back. I loved the S1 when I first got it but it has been a real pain as time has gone on. Locking up, dust under the screen, unresponsive touch screen, lack of support for the S1 from Verizon........... just tired of it all.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pastorbrad View Post
    Just to add a wrinkle - I found this to be a particular problem in high humidity and after having the unit in a holster in the sleep mode. Immediately upon removing it, all those symptoms appear. Sometimes time cures it, sometimes it takes a battery pull.
    A battery pull is not necessary, i live in georgia, and it is really humid here! when my phone acts up, i just put it in front of the fan and cool the screen down... Then it will work just fine!!! Although it is aggrevating!!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    835 Global Posts
    PIN
    ky and the brain

I used to think dat buts a touch screen issue not humidity

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

Smile Dry cloth idea of USS Zulu - Insensitve/Unresponsive touchscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by USSZulu View Post
    My storm has the same issue. When the screen has been exposed to a high humidity environment, it will either become totally unresponsive, or will show me touching a portion of the screen that I am not actually touching. Since the screen is conductive and detects this when you touch it, a high ammount of moisture will interfere with it being able to detect when you are touching it. I have found that if I wipe off the screen with a dry cloth, the screen will once again become responsive and correct. I would recommend trying this the next time it does this.

USS Zulu, your advice of using a dry cloth and cleaning the touchscreen insensitive area has been very sound !

A small part of the screen which had become unresponsive to clicking alphabets, has started highlighting and punching them on the screen.

It even worked despite me having a scratch guard on the screen.

Thanks man !!! Regards - Mohammad Cadri.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem with the humidity... Thought I was going crazy.

Same thing happens to me. Whenever I have my phone sit outside my pocket when its humid or damp out, my touch screen just starts going crazy. No matter what I press, it will jump to the top of the screen like I'm either hitting the clock or the volume. Normally if I put it in my pocket for 5 minutes or so, it'll be usable again. Sometimes I have to do a battery pull. Either way, its just more of an inconvenience than anything.

I woke up at about noon today and my phone was doing it. Had it set on my nightstand a little too close to my window fan I think. 97% humidity and a 100 degree heat index probably isn't a phones best friend.
    Now running Lyricidals 591/862 Hybrid
    Don't YOU worry about ______ , let ME worry about ______!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Yeah, I live in SE Texas and this humidity has been **** on my phone. I actually got to the point of getting a replacement sent to me. I got it yesterday and it hasn't been affected by it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12