I've experianced all of the above.... riding this one out until my contract is out. Droid for me and I'll never look back. I loved the S1 when I first got it but it has been a real pain as time has gone on. Locking up, dust under the screen, unresponsive touch screen, lack of support for the S1 from Verizon........... just tired of it all.
    06-23-10 08:22 AM
    Just to add a wrinkle - I found this to be a particular problem in high humidity and after having the unit in a holster in the sleep mode. Immediately upon removing it, all those symptoms appear. Sometimes time cures it, sometimes it takes a battery pull.
    A battery pull is not necessary, i live in georgia, and it is really humid here! when my phone acts up, i just put it in front of the fan and cool the screen down... Then it will work just fine!!! Although it is aggrevating!!!
    07-23-10 01:03 PM
    I used to think dat buts a touch screen issue not humidity

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-10 03:26 AM
    My storm has the same issue. When the screen has been exposed to a high humidity environment, it will either become totally unresponsive, or will show me touching a portion of the screen that I am not actually touching. Since the screen is conductive and detects this when you touch it, a high ammount of moisture will interfere with it being able to detect when you are touching it. I have found that if I wipe off the screen with a dry cloth, the screen will once again become responsive and correct. I would recommend trying this the next time it does this.

USS Zulu, your advice of using a dry cloth and cleaning the touchscreen insensitive area has been very sound !

A small part of the screen which had become unresponsive to clicking alphabets, has started highlighting and punching them on the screen.

It even worked despite me having a scratch guard on the screen.

Thanks man !!! Regards - Mohammad Cadri.
    08-04-10 12:08 PM
    Somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one having a problem with the humidity... Thought I was going crazy.

Same thing happens to me. Whenever I have my phone sit outside my pocket when its humid or damp out, my touch screen just starts going crazy. No matter what I press, it will jump to the top of the screen like I'm either hitting the clock or the volume. Normally if I put it in my pocket for 5 minutes or so, it'll be usable again. Sometimes I have to do a battery pull. Either way, its just more of an inconvenience than anything.

I woke up at about noon today and my phone was doing it. Had it set on my nightstand a little too close to my window fan I think. 97% humidity and a 100 degree heat index probably isn't a phones best friend.
    08-04-10 12:23 PM
    Yeah, I live in SE Texas and this humidity has been **** on my phone. I actually got to the point of getting a replacement sent to me. I got it yesterday and it hasn't been affected by it yet. Keeping my fingers crossed
    08-04-10 09:20 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD