So I just got back from Florida and the whole time I was there my touch screen would intermidently be unresponsive. I would have to do a battery pull to fix it. This would happen multiple times a day. It was about 90 degrees and pretty humid the whole time I was there. As soon as I get back home it hasent hapened since. Has anyone heard of the humidity/heat make the screen not responsive?
    06-04-09 09:35 AM
    humidity will make electronic devices act funny. took my itouch to mexico and it was acting funny it was 95 degrees f and humidity was in the high percentages
    06-04-09 09:38 AM
    Heat definately can affect lcd's. I would keep anneye on it, see if it happens inside with ac. Or in cooler temps. If so. Warranty time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 09:39 AM
    Yup sounds like our state of the art suretype lol heat sensitive

06-04-09 09:40 AM
    Not only the screen, but I've had clicking issues as well. It's almost like the screen expands/contracts with the humidity and it messes up the clicking mechanism for a short time.
    06-04-09 09:40 AM
    Yup sounds like our state of the art suretype lol heat sensitive

Posted from my CrackBerry atwapforums.crackberry.com

Every lcd is heat sensitive. My sat radio and gps act odd when they are in the beating down sun. Not a just storm issue.
    06-04-09 09:43 AM
    Yup the same sort of thing will happen if you blow into the gaps around the screen, I did it to try to blow some of that dust out.
    06-04-09 11:09 AM
    That's weird. I live In florida and have no problems with my storm and the humidity.

06-04-09 01:39 PM
    I have been having the same issues with my storm. I was living in Houston but move back to Iowa, I hoped leaving Houston would help with th issue but it is just as bad here. Is there any thing you have found to fix it besides 10 battery pulls a day?

The weird thing is though my gf's storm does not have any issues.

06-25-09 06:29 PM
    This is driving me nuts, I own a boat and at times (mostly at night) I cannot use my phone! The screen is un-responsive
    07-23-09 10:39 AM
    One of the downfalls...
    I just wrote this on a different thread: that this is why one of my convenience keys is set to voice dial, so i am never stuck without a phone.
    07-23-09 11:03 AM
    My storm has the same issue. When the screen has been exposed to a high humidity environment, it will either become totally unresponsive, or will show me touching a portion of the screen that I am not actually touching. Since the screen is conductive and detects this when you touch it, a high ammount of moisture will interfere with it being able to detect when you are touching it. I have found that if I wipe off the screen with a dry cloth, the screen will once again become responsive and correct. I would recommend trying this the next time it does this.
    07-23-09 03:44 PM
    I had the same issue. Your screen isn't sealed all the way, so the moisture is getting underneath your screen. Bring it to your verizon store. They gave me another one on the spot and I haven't had the issue since.

07-23-09 07:34 PM
    Happens every time I keep my Storm in the bathroom with me while taking a shower. After I'm done the Storm is unresponsive until I take it to my room and let it sit for a while.
    07-23-09 07:51 PM
    Just to add a wrinkle - I found this to be a particular problem in high humidity and after having the unit in a holster in the sleep mode. Immediately upon removing it, all those symptoms appear. Sometimes time cures it, sometimes it takes a battery pull.
    08-14-09 12:08 PM
    Let's see, I've probably seen 20 threads about this at least and the vast majority of people up until this particular thread has said that humidity does NOT bother the Storm. Just telling you what I've seen, YMMV.
    08-14-09 12:18 PM
    So I live in louisiana.. Its on average about 90 here and the humidity is through the roof. The only thing its done to my phone is make my finger stick to the screen.

08-14-09 12:40 PM
    Tell me about it;I live in florida. I got caught in the rain yesterday and I was wearing skinny jeans and I was soaked with my storm in my pocket. Still works good

08-14-09 01:05 PM
    dude sorry last time i said my phone was acting funny due to humidity...that was what i thought all slong cause my screen was always getting unresponsive for no apparent reason at all but after some time and some thought i realized that it was the phone.I called verizon and they told me it was a hardware issue and immediately gave me a new phone...well overnighted one to me.Well i guess my point here is....dont deal with that problem its not the humidity my new storm doesnt do this and here in jersey its still hot and humid yet my new storm is just chilling there working and running smooth and all so just let VZ know they should be able to send u a replacement well hope i helped laters ppl
    08-14-09 01:18 PM
    Someone very recently turned me onto the fact that it was the humidity causing all of the issues with my touch screen and phone freezing up sporadically. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and followed his advice for a small experiment.

So taking his lead, I placed my phone in a small zip-lock bag with a small amount of rice. I went outside with the phone in the bag in my pocket. When I pulled the bag with the phone out of my pocket, it worked perfectly. As soon as I removed the phone from the bag of rice, it locked up. Placed it back in, it worked right away.

Sadly now and until I choose a new phone, I am carrying my phone in a small plastic bag of rice. Might also help with those of you who get frustrated, or even lost in the woods or on the water.

-Cam
    05-18-10 04:39 PM
    Never had screen problems with my S1 before I went to Miami last week. While I was there, time and time again my screen wouldn't respond, or wouldn't scroll, pan, or allow me to select what I wanted to select. It was effing annoying.

Got back to Boston last night. Guess what? All better.
    06-14-10 11:35 AM
    I joined here just to ask about this problem. I had one Storm replaced due to this problem and now they refuse to give me another( I guess Verizon learned their lesson ). I will set one conv key to voice dial so as not to be stuck(thanks for the tip). Very dangerous situation to be stuck without use of the phone. I'd call this a potential liability issue.
    I am outdoors recreating a lot and rely on the phone for internet weather map updates in tornado alley............NOT GOOD!!
    Otherwise I have no complaints about the phone.
    Last edited by bigbadwulff; 06-14-10 at 02:45 PM.
    06-14-10 02:40 PM
    I joined here just to ask about this problem. I had one Storm replaced due to this problem and now they refuse to give me another( I guess Verizon learned their lesson ). I will set one conv key to voice dial so as not to be stuck(thanks for the tip). Very dangerous situation to be stuck without use of the phone. I'd call this a potential liability issue.
    I am outdoors recreating a lot and rely on the phone for internet weather map updates in tornado alley............NOT GOOD!!
    Otherwise I have no complaints about the phone.
    Last summer this drove me crazy and it didn't really stop in early fall.

So finally in October I brought it in, they showed me how to tighten the screws in the back, and 5 minutes later it was messed up again. Got a replacement.

Replacement worked great and now as summer rolls around it's already happened a few times...VERY VERY bad, there were so many times last summer I needed this (outdoors bad weather like you) and it wouldn't load anything. You can't use the phone either.

But at this point nor VZW or RIM give a crap about your poor experience.
    06-14-10 04:52 PM
    I've had this problem with my storm, but it wasnt with high humidity.
    I had to get it replaced because it just got to be so daunting.
    It mostly happened everytime i would lock and unlock my phone or just whenever it felt like it
    i would keep an eye out.
    Many times i thought it was something I had on the phone would wipe the entire thing and it work okay for awhile and then start back up again.
    06-15-10 12:12 AM
    My storm has the same issue. When the screen has been exposed to a high humidity environment, it will either become totally unresponsive, or will show me touching a portion of the screen that I am not actually touching. Since the screen is conductive and detects this when you touch it, a high ammount of moisture will interfere with it being able to detect when you are touching it.
    I have the same problem. Im in south GA. I just go back inside for a few minutes & it starts back working fine. Its a pain in the ****. I guess its just one of those things we gotta deal with.
    06-15-10 09:17 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD