I am in the process of swapping to my replacement storm (dust under screen) and I'm trying to wipe the old one completely before sending it back. I've reformatted the media card and wipe the handheld, how do I wipe the SIM card?
    01-16-09 04:51 PM
    There's no information on the SIM card...unless you placed it there.
    01-16-09 05:47 PM
    Haven't tried but I assume setting the Storm in to Mass Media Mode and plugging it in to a computer would allow you so see all the data on the card and therefore just delete it. It'll show up as Blackberry2 for the volume name.
    01-16-09 05:49 PM
    Haven't tried but I assume setting the Storm in to Mass Media Mode and plugging it in to a computer would allow you so see all the data on the card and therefore just delete it. It'll show up as Blackberry2 for the volume name.
    Confusing the sim card with the sd card.
    01-16-09 05:51 PM
    That solution won't work to show info from the SIM card. There's not much info on the SIM card anyway. Names and numbers, if you stored it there. The phone doesn't default to it like GSM phones do.
    01-16-09 05:53 PM
    There's no information on the SIM card...unless you placed it there.
    I was under the impression that contacts information was placed on the SIM card. In fact, when I erased the phone I believe it asked me if I wanted to load the contacts off the sim card when I reinstalled the old OS. That was what made me ask.
    01-22-09 01:44 PM
    Bump...still waiting for someone who is positive. It must have some info if it asked me to load contacts from the card?
    01-25-09 02:52 PM
    There is no information on the SIM card and no need to wipe it. Read your own thread. Post #2 answered your question.
    01-25-09 03:00 PM
    Bump...still waiting for someone who is positive. It must have some info if it asked me to load contacts from the card?
    It loads a Global Support Contact for verizon
    01-25-09 03:10 PM
    There is no information on the SIM card and no need to wipe it. Read your own thread. Post #2 answered your question.
    Dead wrong. there IS information stored on the sim card (text messages and email for instance) and a perfectly valid reason to want to wipe the sim card.. . if anybody has a solution to this person's fairly simple question please post. If you feel like being an ***, and giving your own subjective opinion on the need to wipe the sim, go wipe yourSELF and spare the rest of us.
    07-29-09 02:48 PM
    Check it:
    For contacts it looks like you'll have to do it manually. Go to the phone book and press the Menu button and click the option that says SIM Phone Book and delete the contacts from there.

as far as the text messages/email I'm still trying to figure it out...I'll update when I figure out a way.

UPDATE:

ok, for the text messages and e-mail you'll have to open your Inbox and then open the Menu. Once there, scroll down to View Folder. There it will give you a list of folders you can open. Open the one called SMS Sim Card Inbox. There should also be one for the e-mail if you have one set up. Delete manually.

Hope that helped.
    Last edited by MrLuisJimenez; 02-16-10 at 12:07 PM.
    02-16-10 11:56 AM
    SIM cards are free or cheap. Cut it up with a strong pair of scissors or pliers.
    02-16-10 12:39 PM
    Take the card out before getting rid of it. The new owner can get/use their own. They're cheap
    02-16-10 07:52 PM
    Is there an echo in here?
    02-17-10 05:08 AM
    hi can anyone help me. i have a storm and the screen is messing up really bad. my phone wont let me do anything.. its a storm one. i was just wondering is it possible to just get a storm two or one off ebay and take my sim card out and put it in the phone i buy??? please help i need my phnoe working right by the end of the day. please email me. THANKS THANKS THANKS!!!
    02-17-10 10:59 AM
    You should open your own thread instead of posting in this thread. Number 1, you're thread-jacking, which is frowned upon. Number 2 your question is not going to be read by people who might be able to help you because this thread is about how to wipe a SIM card.

Search for answers to your problem, and if you don't find an answer, then post a thread in the Storm forum.
    02-17-10 11:11 AM
    Dead wrong. there IS information stored on the sim card (text messages and email for instance) and a perfectly valid reason to want to wipe the sim card.. . if anybody has a solution to this person's fairly simple question please post. If you feel like being an ***, and giving your own subjective opinion on the need to wipe the sim, go wipe yourSELF and spare the rest of us.
    Fool. Unless you manually put it there, there is no information stored on that SIM other than a few Verizon Global Support numbers. On the Storm, the SIM is not the default storage location for ANYTHING. So unless you assigned it as the storage location at the time you were saving something, and I'm not even certain that that can be done, it is EXTREMELY unlikely, and probably impossible, that there is anything on the card other than what came on it, which as I've said is almost nothing. In Verizon's case, Email and texts are not stored on the SIM either and that claim is just plan wrong.

Frankly, you probably don't even have to return the SIM with the device. I don't know that positively, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    02-17-10 11:31 AM
    If you used the phone with Verizon and solely with Verizon (never unlocked, etc) you do not use a SIM card because it is a CDMA carrier. So while the gesture is nice, it's unnecessary because the SIM is useless. And to answer the thread hijack, you can't just switch SIM cards and use a new phone on Verizon, it doesn't work that way.
    02-17-10 11:35 AM
    There is a program called SIM Manager, it has a "wipe SIM card" feature - that's exactly what you need.

As others have pointed out, Blackberries will keep their stuff on the phone's memory by default, not on the SIM. If you are not sure, you can use the same program to read the SIM card and see what's on it.

p.s. The program requires a smart card reader.
    11-30-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD