Well guys, while upgrading my phone to the newest firmware i by accident pulled it from the cord while it was almost done updating.

I since then lost all my contacts and info!

I noticed though these .IPD files which are back ups i guess made each time i upgradged my phone to the newest firmware. I think possibly all my old contacts are on there, how could i load up this IPD to my phone?
    03-04-09 01:41 PM
    Use DM then restore the old ipd file
    03-04-09 01:42 PM
    DM? Sorry for sounding like a newb, but how exactly do i do that?
    03-04-09 01:47 PM
    Desktop Manager=DM
    03-04-09 01:50 PM
    How do i access this desktop manager?
    03-04-09 01:59 PM
    How have you done your upgrades?
    03-04-09 02:00 PM
    I open the .exe of the download and use that to upgrade my phone.

It finds my phone connected to my computer through the provided cable, and i just follow the menus.

So where could i get this desktop manager? I want to see if i can get back these numbers on my phone!
    03-04-09 02:02 PM
    I open the .exe of the download and use that to upgrade my phone.

It finds my phone connected to my computer through the provided cable, and i just follow the menus.

So where could i get this desktop manager? I want to see if i can get back these numbers on my phone!
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at BlackBerry.com
    03-04-09 02:07 PM
    Blackberry.com get dm version 4.7
    03-04-09 02:07 PM
    So this IPD file, when i restore this what exactly is it going to do? Will it restore my old numbers? Or will it downgrade me too to my older firmware??
    03-04-09 02:21 PM
    So this IPD file, when i restore this what exactly is it going to do? Will it restore my old numbers? Or will it downgrade me too to my older firmware??
    It will restore your phone to the exact state it was at when the backup was made, but it will NOT change your firmware.

If you only want to import your contacts from the backup file, follow these steps.

1. Plug in your phone via USB, start up desktop manager.
    2. Select backup and restore
    3. Select Advanced
    4. Go to file>open, and find the backup file
    5. Select your address book from the left hand pane (thats the contents of your backup), and press the right arrow key in the middle, and it will transfer to your device.

If you want everything transferred to your phone from that backup, you can simply select "restore" and select the backup file. It will restore everything from text messages, to options.
    Last edited by ls1norcal; 03-04-09 at 02:39 PM.
    03-04-09 02:37 PM
    How did you make your backups?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:48 PM
    Edit: Ok i found out. Got it all worked out and good, thanks again guys!!
    03-04-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD