You can type korean but the only thing is that u cant in sms(txt)... but all of u guys/gals who want it, i have attached it to this post...
    sank you bery muchy!!!
    03-06-09 12:37 AM
    Does anyone know how to type in Korean in storm?
    I used "Desktop Manager" application >> Application Loader >> Update Software >> Device Software Options (for BlackBerry 4.7 Core Application >> East Asian LAnguage and Input Support >> Korean Input Method.

However, in my BlackBerry, I only see "Engilsh (United States)" under Options >> Language >> Input Language.

I tried everything per your instruction. So I was able to synchronize to my new store 9530. However, when I get into language options I can't find Korean as option for input. I only see it for option language for the devise. Is there something else that Im am not doin?
    03-26-09 11:02 AM
    Any updates on this?
    Anybody confirm this to work?

Can you tell me where and what you bought?

Anybody knows why?
    Just text message i cant type korean ! why?

help me plz!!!!!
    04-06-09 04:50 PM
    Anybody knows why?

help me plz!!!!!
    you cannot text msg in korean...
    04-06-09 07:49 PM
    Anybody knows why?

help me plz!!!!!
    I believe it has something to do with it's made for the 9000 which doesn't have a touch screen.
    04-12-09 05:08 AM
    It also doesn't work in BB browser. It won't type. I took a look at it again and it might b because of the sms txt box. It might not be a richtext box.

I might just write a sms program for korean typers, if there are enough requests. I think that is the simplest solution since I can't get the source code.

I've practically gave up programming ever since I changed majors. I didn't suck at it just turned tedious and boring after a while. It shouldn't take too long to get familiar with java again.

In the mean time just use MMS. Well this forum is old enough for you guys to figure that one out already

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

-------------------------------------
    Edit.
    ????? ?? ??... ?? ? ? ?? ???. ??? ???.

OMG I worked my *** off to type in korean. I suck at spelling in it and I tried my best and all there is questions marks.
    Last edited by sangwich; 04-12-09 at 07:46 AM.
    04-12-09 07:10 AM
    Have anyone tried this in Curve?
    Did it work?
    04-15-09 06:59 AM
    Storm 에서 한글을 Type 할수 있나요? 그리고 Skype to Skype 무료 전화 사용도 가능 한지요?

Can I use Skype to Skype member (Free Call) with BB storm and Korean font?
    04-15-09 04:22 PM
    Yes. You can type Korean in Storm. You need to install the files needed. You can type Korean in pretty much everywhere except for SMS. You can even type Korean within the browser so you can search for Korean terms in Google or whatever.

I don't use Skype so I don't know but I think I saw a Skype app for Blackberry somewhere.

Last edited by wangster; 04-15-09 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Add a screen capture.
    04-15-09 05:26 PM
    Korean Input Screen Shot on Storm following instructions posted in this forum using RIM Software, not using 3rd party developer software. Why pay money for something you deserve to get for free?

Only sms txt messaging is not working because Verizon is not yet support Korean characters for SMS Txt Messaging, confirmed with Verizon Tech Support.

Otherwise, works great for email, msn messenger, blackberry messenger, mms messaging, internet browsing, and all bb application, etc.
    04-22-09 07:52 PM
    Storm ?? ??? Type ?? ???? ??? Skype to Skype ?? ?? ??? ?? ????

Can I use Skype to Skype member (Free Call) with BB storm and Korean font?
    For Skype to Skype calls, I use IM+ for Skype. My minutes gets deducted but there are no long distance fees.

Skype will be coming out directly from the company in May. That one will be free but IM+ for Skype is $30. Its on sale right now until the end of this month for $20.

04-22-09 09:08 PM
    Korean Input Screen Shot on Storm following instructions posted in this forum using RIM Software, not using 3rd party developer software. Why pay money for something you deserve to get for free?

Only sms txt messaging is not working because Verizon is not yet support Korean characters for SMS Txt Messaging, confirmed with Verizon Tech Support.

Otherwise, works great for email, msn messenger, blackberry messenger, mms messaging, internet browsing, and all bb application, etc.
    That is not true. I was able to send txt messages in korean one windows mobile phone to another. Never believe verizon reps. Especially technical topics. RIM haven't created korean input for the storm yet.

04-22-09 09:18 PM
    That is not true. I was able to send txt messages in korean one windows mobile phone to another. Never believe verizon reps. Especially technical topics. RIM haven't created korean input for the storm yet.

Try to send Korean txt from vtext.com, what you receive on storm is garbage, you can't read.

Of course, Korean input method is made for bold in Korea, but isn't it still RIM software? Load whole Korean operating system for bold to storm, it works no problem on storm for menu, commands, bb apps, etc. exactly same as original storm operating system in English.

Windows mobile phone uses different encoding method, supports unicode, may display txt msg correctly on another windows mobile phone that has same encoding method.
    Last edited by xxxzzz; 04-22-09 at 10:20 PM.
    04-22-09 09:59 PM
    Try to send Korean txt from vtext.com, what you receive on storm is garbage, you can't read.

Of course, Korean input method is made for bold in Korea, but isn't it still RIM software? Load whole Korean operating system for bold to storm, it works no problem on storm for menu, commands, bb apps, etc. exactly same as original storm operating system in English.

Windows mobile phone uses different encoding method, supports unicode, may display txt msg correctly on another windows mobile phone that has same encoding method.
    Exactly. Verizon just provides voice and data service. It's RIM that is not making the SMS in Korean to be supported.

I'm running a leaked OS. Verizon doesn't have much to do with Korean being supported or not. That's what I was trying to say.

This is also why the Korean keyboard can't be accessed in SMS.
    04-25-09 09:14 AM
    did anyone make this worked?
    07-18-09 09:59 PM
    You can type korean but the only thing is that u cant in sms(txt)... but all of u guys/gals who want it, i have attached it to this post...
    Thank you blkghost, your file works like a charm!

I hope this works on my next BB as well...
    07-21-09 10:27 PM
    I used this thread with great success on the 4.7... builds but now that I'm on 5.0.0.230 JapKor isn't working.

I've posted this in a couple other threads (listed below) but I figured I'd come back to the source to see if anyone had any suggestions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/jap...llenge-330011/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/fu...-fixes-324750/
    10-05-09 01:32 PM
    The only reason I haven't upgraded to v5.0.0.230. Can you at least read Korean on v5.0.0.230?

Also, I found this link in another thread.

Blackberry Language Services

He states this on his website. "** Update 15 Aug 2009: Writing in Arabic and Korean is now availble for the Storm with any OS version."

I emailed him and he emailed rather quickly. I asked him specifically if the Korean input works on OS 5.0 and in his reply, he said, "should work on the 9530 for Korean input." I also asked if offers money back if it doesn't work and he replied saying 100% satisfaction or your money back.

If anybody tries this on OS v5.0.0.230, please let us know.
    10-05-09 04:13 PM
    I used this thread with great success on the 4.7... builds but now that I'm on 5.0.0.230 JapKor isn't working.

I've posted this in a couple other threads (listed below) but I figured I'd come back to the source to see if anyone had any suggestions.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/jap...llenge-330011/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/fu...-fixes-324750/
    Just in case...

Here
    10-13-09 02:20 PM
    where did you buy it? and how much was it?
    12-06-09 10:41 PM
    have BBS
    i try everything to type korean in my bbs storm but its not working
    verison is 5.0
    could anybody could help me?

if you send how to do it by taking pictures will be really helpful!

thank you!
    04-20-10 02:42 PM
    i loaded the files and see them loaded as apps. see no options to use korean input on the Storm. help.
    08-06-10 09:17 PM
    have BBS
    i try everything to type korean in my bbs storm but its not working
    verison is 5.0
    could anybody could help me?

if you send how to do it by taking pictures will be really helpful!

thank you!
    any progress?
    08-06-10 09:18 PM
    It works for me..
    11-12-10 02:43 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD