Bout to go to verizon n exchange my storm for a refurbished. I've heatd that some were made in mexico and some were made in canada. Also heard the canadian ones are better to get. My question: how do I tell where it was made?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 12:44 PM
    Either look on the box or pop the battery out and read that little label it will tell you where its made, There are also some that are made in Hungary aswell.
    08-13-09 12:45 PM
    Bout to go to verizon n exchange my storm for a refurbished. I've heatd that some were made in mexico and some were made in canada. Also heard the canadian ones are better to get. My question: how do I tell where it was made?

Before a refurb is sent out it is tested so it should ready to rock. So my question to you is, why do you care? IMHO you have better chances with a refurb then a new Storm.
    08-13-09 12:47 PM
    Before a refurb is sent out it is tested so it should ready to rock. So my question to you is, why do you care? IMHO you have better chances with a refurb then a new Storm.
    Not sure that is the case. It took three refurbs before I god a good one. First one , the screen went black several times a day. Second one clicked like an iphone, third was the charm.

To the op: just ask if it prefers crown or tequila, if you don't feel like reading the sticker under the battery. TBH both countries have their gems and lemons. Test it first before deciding on country of origin.

08-13-09 12:59 PM
    Yeah... You would think.

I went to swap my handset at a store, and refused all four of the refurbs that they had because the screens ALL had head spots. Went to a different store, got a unit that had a good feel, and the camera is dead on it (not to mention the fact that no one that I talk to can understand what I'm saying - yay). So, I need ANOTHER new one.

These handsets are junk. RIM has really let the quality control go down the tubes.
    08-13-09 05:31 PM
    mine was made it hungary
    08-13-09 05:34 PM
    My new one from assurion is from Hungary, working like a charm...

My last one that I threw against the walls multiple times because of the charging and other problems, lemme check real quick (opening battery) roflmao swear to god, its from Mexico.. lol... i guess a coincidence?

the one before that, I'll never know, that one was actually sent back..
    08-13-09 06:24 PM
    So i guess for me to 3rd time was a charm!
    08-13-09 06:25 PM
    took it back, got it exchanged, new one is mexican made......we shall see
    08-13-09 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD