I hear people can only like it or hate it what was your experience with it?
    01-23-12 06:06 AM
    In all likelihood, when my contract is done in 8 months I�ll be switching to iPhone or a Android based cell.

I�m tired of the BBM issues and the tactile screen working at its speed just to name a few. It also doesn�t help that the �buttons� on the screen are made for a person with REAL tiny fingers! I can�t tell you how frustrating it is to have the Auto-correct change what I�ve typed because of a letter that got entered that was beside the letter I was hitting. Sometimes it's good for a laugh, but the laughing is quickly changing to anger...

If you must/have to stay with RIM/Blackberry, you would be better off getting the Torch. At least you will have the feel of the keyboard. Otherwise, I�d go with a iPhone or Android based cell.
    01-23-12 09:46 AM
    I would like to clarify if you're talking about the Storm series as a hold or if you're referring to the first or second Storm (9500/9550)?

I just came from a Storm2 9550 to a Bold 9930 and for the most part I do not plan on looking back, BUT what the Storm2 supports which my 9930 greatly lacks is the camera. I do miss the days of auto focus - smh. I will also say that the Storm series has put me on the path to getting acquainted with touch interfaces within the BB world and I have become quite fond of continuing the utilization of that technology with my BB9930.

The screen is something I do miss about the Storm (resolution sub par of course), but the accuracy is something that needed more help than anything on the Storm as far as typing goes; I've never made so many errors typing on a BB in so many years as to what I was going through with the Storm2. The lag was horrific and it bricked on me so many times that I could build a house with them if they manifested. I stuck it out, but that phone had me looking to move to another ecosystem such as the obvious, Android/iOS. What made it worse was after a month of owning the phone I realize that the Storm series would be left in the dust as far as OS6 goes for an upgrade. I was putting my bet on it, but of course that was a no show.

I still have my old S2 and continue to utilize it solely as a camera when I so desire. The hardware is solid and I believe if more memory was implemented in the phone it could have handled OS6 fairly well and maybe it would still be in my possession as I hold out for the BBX phones (will I be shot for saying BBX?).

I reckon I can go on for miles with this, but I hope my experience with the Storm series gives you a bit of enlightenment on your decision.

Cheers

P.S.
    The battery is a major blow and the phone tends to heat up a bit in certain circumstances, especially during a charge. Any heat is a bad sign and any protective case you give it will surely help to incubate that sucker so "buyer beware".
    01-23-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD