Ok, I've read the thread on how the BIS push works. There was talk that hotmail/windows live mail could be made to be instant delivery by changing it to IMAP instead of POP3.

I went into the email advanced settings and the server shows as pop3.live.com I believe. Is it a simple matter of changing that to imap.live.com? Thanks.
    04-17-09 12:10 PM
    bump, anyone?
    04-18-09 12:33 PM
    I just went to setup - email settings. And entered my hotmail address and password. Its instant for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 12:42 PM
    I haven't touch my Hotmail account setting from the web, but what I did was go into Email Settings from my Storm and just logged into it and set up my Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, and Gmail and it has been working great.

To get it started, click here... BlackBerry Storm Wiki: Set up Gmail IMAP
    04-18-09 12:43 PM
    Ok, I've read the thread on how the BIS push works. There was talk that hotmail/windows live mail could be made to be instant delivery by changing it to IMAP instead of POP3.

I went into the email advanced settings and the server shows as pop3.live.com I believe. Is it a simple matter of changing that to imap.live.com? Thanks.
    I just used the regular setup settings and I get my mail pushed to my berry instantly. I send myself messages all the time with OTA links.
    04-18-09 12:50 PM
    interesting, my wife's curve is near instant as well. With my storm there is anything from a 5-45 minute delay in getting emails pushed to the phone.

The explanation of push system says it could be up to 15 minutes, but that gmail, yahoo and windows live could be set up to be instant.

oh well, I have my native blackberry account for instant ones that I give to friends and relatives.
    04-18-09 01:33 PM
    I did the same as all posters above, i get emails within seconds of them being sent. Sometimes there is a delay but once or twice a month is all
    04-18-09 01:37 PM
    If you have a Gmail account, then you could just set windows live or whatever to forward to your gmail. That would be pretty near instant.
    04-18-09 02:02 PM
    Mine does this also. only the e-mails on hotmail/live mail takes long time to come.. I set my account up through bis site though.
    04-18-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD