Is there anyway with my storm to set it so when I call people it shows up as private instead of my number? I dont have any real use for it, but I was curious since I was able to do it on my old treo, and many old nokias.
    02-17-09 09:33 PM
    you can do one of two things, call vzw and set a caller id block or go to phone > bb menu > options > General options > Restrict My Identity > set to Always.
    02-17-09 09:36 PM
    phone > bb menu > options > General options > Restrict My Identity > set to Always.

this really works?
    02-18-09 07:11 AM
    for temporarily hiding your no. type #31# before the no you want to dial...this works at least over here in Europe
    02-18-09 08:49 AM
    *67 before the number works in the US. I have done this to some numbers in my contacts list that I don't want having my cell number.

Ray
    02-18-09 08:53 AM
    You can also call verizon and ask for caller id blocking on your line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:08 AM
    I found that the easiest thing to do is have your carrier place a caller ID block on your phone. When you call someone it will ID your number as restricted. I use my BB for FD business and do not want some people having my number. For those people in your contact list that you want your number to show up on their phone you simply program their number with *82 in front of it.
    02-18-09 10:05 AM
    I am with jcfd on this one.

The most hassle-free way in doing this is calling your provider and having them set up the block display.

Personally I hate the "private number" stuff. I do IT work, and spend a lot of time in loud areas where I can't hear my phone. I have plenty of people who call, practically all of them call from a private number, and none of them leave any messages. So I can't call them back and then they get annoyed that I didn't call them back like I am supposed to know who calls me!

I wish there was a way I could set my phone to display peoples phone numbers even if they are calling from a "private" number... hehe... now there is a thread...
    02-18-09 10:20 AM
    go to phone > bb menu > options > General options > Restrict My Identity > set to Always.
    This does not work, at least not on the storm. There is no option for this.

This method used to work on some of my older phones though.
    02-18-09 02:01 PM

It does work on the storm.
    02-18-09 02:47 PM
    It does work on the storm.
    Hmmm maybe I am a complete ********, which I dont believe I am.

The *67 method works... but I can find no setting for restricting my identity.

Going the way posted before doesnt work... It also doesnt seem to fit with the storm since there is no options > general options in the storm. and there is nothing listed under advanced options.
    02-18-09 03:26 PM
    *67 before the number works in the US. I have done this to some numbers in my contacts list that I don't want having my cell number.

Ray
    well hello ray
    02-18-09 03:28 PM

Going the way posted before doesnt work... It also doesnt seem to fit with the storm since there is no options > general options in the storm. and there is nothing listed under advanced options.
    Hit the send button, when the key pad pops up, BB button, options, general options, restrict my identity
    02-18-09 03:30 PM

When it says to go to the phone, it is saying open the phone app, then hit the bb button...

Did you actually go to the phone app, or just trying to go to options? for me it is the 4th option in the list. I have not personally tried it, but it is there.
    02-18-09 03:56 PM
    When it says to go to the phone, it is saying open the phone app, then hit the bb button...

Did you actually go to the phone app, or just trying to go to options? for me it is the 4th option in the list. I have not personally tried it, but it is there.
    No I went to the actual phone app, i knew which options he is talking about. It's just not on my phone!!! Idk if its beause im running newst leaked os. But its honestly not on my storm its on my buddys storm. Idk wtf it is I'm gonna wipe and reload.
    02-18-09 06:38 PM
    I am with jcfd on this one.

I wish there was a way I could set my phone to display peoples phone numbers even if they are calling from a "private" number... hehe... now there is a thread...
    i just read this online, there is a program that allows you to do this! it reroutes the incoming calls through a backtracking server first. if i come accross the name of the program ill repost.. but just know that the technology is out there
    BUT NOT FOR VERIZON
    02-18-09 06:47 PM
    i just read this online, there is a program that allows you to do this! it reroutes the incoming calls through a backtracking server first. if i come accross the name of the program ill repost.. but just know that the technology is out there
    BUT NOT FOR VERIZON
    Ah, beat you to it. The program is called TrapCall, and its not really a program because you dont have to install anything. The service is free, and there are a few upgradable options. It basically uses the service 800 numbers get - unblocking blocked numbers. Pretty much all you need is to sign up, once a blocked number calls you forward to their number automatically and the blocked number still hears a basic dial tone as if they are trying to reach you. Once the blocked number is umblocked, the service re-routes the number that is calling you back to your phone, and you can pick up or ignore.

trapcall.com

Let me know how it goes if you or anyone tries it, because I would be wanting to try it as well.
    02-18-09 07:53 PM
    I signed up w/ TrapCall about an hour ago on my 8900. Works like a charm so far!
    02-18-09 08:12 PM
    Forgot to mention that I think it is only available to T-Mobile and AT&T customers for now.
    02-18-09 08:13 PM
    this really works?
    thats exactly what i was thinking lol
    02-18-09 08:18 PM

I have VZW and a 9530, followed the steps and tested it out.. took all of 5 seconds and now all calls list me as Restricted.. quite simple.. So it does work ..

Jeff
    02-18-09 08:54 PM
    Here's what I wish I could do: I want my number restricted to all but a few numbers. Programming numbers with *82 works but then you can't send sms to that number. Frustrating! I wish there was a way to strip off the *82 when texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 06:15 PM
    Does *67 work only on calls or does it work on texts too? o.O
    03-23-09 03:14 PM
    Hit the send button, when the key pad pops up, BB button, options, general options, restrict my identity
    Worked for me thanks..
    03-23-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD