so my phone is weird. when it has the factory screen protector, occasionally the phone sensitivity is not responsive (can't scroll, can't select, etc). so i decided to take out the screen protector and go bareback, lol...

with bareback, the senstivity is now working like a champ, no problem. so i thnk i might leave it as is...

anyone know if this is a good idea? if not, any other screen protector i can use to protect the storm and yet doesn't impact the sensitivity performance?

thanks
    01-09-09 11:12 AM
    The film that it ships with is not a screen protector. It is put on there to prevent damage during production/shipping.

If you search around, the screen is EXTREMELY scratch resistant. There is a video of some guy scraping the screen with his keys, razorblade, and a knife. None of them made a mark on the screen.
    01-09-09 12:13 PM
    Its supposedly is very scratch resistant. There is a youtube video on this dude scratching the **** out of his storm with keys and knives and ****.
    01-09-09 12:13 PM
    The film that it ships with is not a screen protector. It is put on there to prevent damage during production/shipping.

If you search around, the screen is EXTREMELY scratch resistant. There is a video of some guy scraping the screen with his keys, razorblade, and a knife. None of them made a mark on the screen.
    Dude, beat me to it.

I still have the original 'film' on mine and it works like a charm! As far as I know, it is intended to both protect during a ship and for use.
    01-09-09 12:15 PM
    I removed the stock protector on day one and since then I haven't had any protector on it. No scratches at all. The screen is very durable.
    01-09-09 12:15 PM
    Like everyone else, it's very scratch resistent. But if you still want to get a protector, i would look into PhantomSkinz >> Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Accessories & Screen Covers | PhantomSkinz.com , they have a really great product, crystal clear, and doesn't mess with the sensitivity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 12:23 PM
    really, so i put on a ghost armor for nothing? I am dubious about going commando
    01-09-09 12:23 PM
    It's very resistant to scratches. I've yet to see a real scratch on the dozens of Storms our company recently purchased. A coworker thought he had scratched his screen up, I looked at it and told him to remove the factory screen protector because that was the thing that was scratched, he didn't realize there was still plastic on top of the glass. I'm very impressed with the screen, I don't see any need to cover it up.
    01-09-09 01:15 PM
    Have had mine since release date. Perfect screen, no scratches anywhere. I don't use screen protectors. Just my leather case.
    01-09-09 01:15 PM
    I'm using the screen protectors that they sell at Verizon, simply because it makes the screen a little more "glossy" and it's easier to scroll with it. Otherwise, the screen appears very durable and I have no issues.
    01-09-09 01:24 PM
    These things are pretty damn scratch resistant. I put mine in labcoat pockets with scissors, flashlights and pens and have never had one noticeable scratch.

If you put yours in a toolbox or tend to drop it a lot, a screen protector might be worth your while, otherwise, go au-naturel and feel the screen baby!
    01-09-09 01:31 PM
    Its not very smudge resistant though. Fingerprints galore guaranteed!
    01-09-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD