hello all...

One feature I noticed about my storm is that when I delete an app (doing it the right way through the options/applications menu) if I was to re-install that app it would immediately be placed back in the folder it was in before I installed it as apposed to the default download folder.

wondering if

1) the phone keeps a record of all the apps somewhere and even after you delete them the records remain

2) does the phone also store settings of those apps (and i mean more along the lines of that apps interactions with the rest of the phone ie - permissions

3) what else does it store

4) is there anyway to wipe that clean without having to wipe the entire phone

I have been using opera mini 5 beta happily for months and now all of a sudden it started acting up on me. deleted it and reinstalled but still no luck and not many other people seem to be experiencing the same problems so I figured some sort of setting or behavior is being saved on my phone between installs and it is effecting it every time try a fresh install.

Running 5.0.0.323

thanks in advance

-
    12-01-09 11:13 PM
    some app details are stores in databases yes. rebooting after uninstall is needed most times to get rid of the app completely also.
    12-01-09 11:28 PM
    some app details are stores in databases yes. rebooting after uninstall is needed most times to get rid of the app completely also.
    even if I had weeks go between the time I removed the app and the time I re-installed it (I do a pull a day at the minimum so that is almost 28 pulls and it still retains the info?)
    12-01-09 11:44 PM
    yes, the databases keep some info. Like themes, when you uninstall them the icon placement is kept so if you install later it remembers it. It comes in handy often.
    12-01-09 11:49 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to BB need guidance on how and where can i get themes for my storm 9500. I dont want to spend money on themes. Please guide. You can send info

Thanks in advance

Malik
    12-02-09 06:01 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I am new to BB need guidance on how and where can i get themes for my storm 9500. I dont want to spend money on themes. Please guide. You can send info

Thanks in advance

Malik
    This is the forum for Storm themes. http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/

And just so you're aware for the future, people really aren't big fans of someone posting something off the topic of the post (ie you about finding themes in this one).
    12-02-09 09:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD