No, you don't need to do this with the Bold because the Bold is purely GSM and that means that it pulls it's phone number data from the SIM card. If the number is branded on the SIM, it'll show up correctly. If not, go into Options/SIM Card or Options/Advanced/SIM Card (I forget how it is layed out exactly since I don't have a GSM device in front of me now), but in there you can hit Menu and get an option for SIM Card Phone Number, which you can edit or whatever if it's wrong, but it shouldn't be wrong if you put in YOUR SIM card from your old phone on AT&T in it.
    Much appreciated....I wiped my 9900 and my phone number showed up. Your advice did the trick. Thanks a LOT.
    01-10-12 10:43 PM
    No, you don't need to do this with the Bold because the Bold is purely GSM and that means that it pulls it's phone number data from the SIM card. If the number is branded on the SIM, it'll show up correctly. If not, go into Options/SIM Card or Options/Advanced/SIM Card (I forget how it is layed out exactly since I don't have a GSM device in front of me now), but in there you can hit Menu and get an option for SIM Card Phone Number, which you can edit or whatever if it's wrong, but it shouldn't be wrong if you put in YOUR SIM card from your old phone on AT&T in it.
    Hi!!
    i'm from India, i'm facing the same issue for storm 9530, it still displays the old user No. i tried cracking it up with the code u suggested but aint working
    i'm using Vodafone GSM Sim, pls help wanna own this phone in mint condition, where i can use all features of Blackberry like BBM, Email etc.would be able to help me
    for which i'm willing to download n'e software which can give me an mint condition BB
    Unmesh
    01-27-12 04:01 PM
    dial ##000000 with the radio off and edit the first line in the menu that shows up
    you're awesome
    07-05-12 05:34 PM
    I am having a similar issue. Reading through these posts I have already done some of the tricks described. I have a Verizon BB bold and want to use a AT&T sim. I paid for a unlock code and entered it as shown, now it is not locked to that carrier. Next I did the ##000000 and plugged my number in and saved it. It works on the screen. But with a test call to my wife cell it still show old number. (Previous owner) but shows my correct sim number as the outgoing on the bb. Also if I call in to the bb with the phone number assigned to my sim it will not show incoming call. But call with the previous number and it will receive calls??

Thanks for any info
    12-22-12 08:08 PM
    Hie ,i have bb 9650 verizone here in Malawi but av tried all ways to change my phone nomber to no avail ‎؛‎ it is showing this nomber 6107158299. Plz help me because i cant use my nomber : ur help will be apppreciated, thank you
    06-10-15 03:43 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD