Does anyone know how to pull off the prerecorded tones and ringtones from the storm? Is this possible?
    04-15-09 11:53 AM
    Pull off as in use on another phone or do you mean delete them?
    04-15-09 11:58 AM
    Use on another phone
    04-15-09 12:05 PM
    You can try sending them to the other phone via blue tooth. I would do that with my sisters phones since they didn't have internet or texting to download ringtones themselves. You might want to try that. Hopefully that helps.
    04-15-09 12:07 PM
    Is it even possible to delete them?
    04-15-09 12:27 PM
    Is it even possible to delete them?
    as far as I know the factory ringtones are all locked, so no
    04-15-09 12:32 PM
    Tho there may be a way around it, forwarding is locked.

Media > Ringtones > All ringtones > highlight ringtone > menu > Properties.
    04-15-09 12:32 PM
    as far as I know the factory ringtones are all locked, so no
    You can delete them, not from the phone though.

Delete this .cod file from your java install folder, net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_9500.cod. Then re-install the OS via DM and all your ringtones will be gone.
    04-15-09 12:36 PM
    You CAN delete ringtones/wallpapers/sample pictures off your phone... Install bbfilescout. This is a browser program that works like windows explorer. It allows you to browse files on your phone, copy, move, or delete them. I think bbfilrscout was donationware last I checked... A very good program imo.
    04-15-09 12:46 PM
    You CAN delete ringtones/wallpapers/sample pictures off your phone... Install bbfilescout. This is a browser program that works like windows explorer. It allows you to browse files on your phone, copy, move, or delete them. I think bbfilrscout was donationware last I checked... A very good program imo.

yes it works to delete locked files.

Go to system>samples then delete what you dont want.
    04-15-09 12:52 PM
    I know this is an older thread but I have a question.This bbfilescout needs to be loaded to the phone right? And then whatever files you want to delete are done from the phone, yes? Or does it work through the DM?

I really want to get the sample pictures and video off the phone.

Thanks for any help.
    06-17-09 06:59 AM
    I know this is an older thread but I have a question.This bbfilescout needs to be loaded to the phone right? And then whatever files you want to delete are done from the phone, yes? Or does it work through the DM?

I really want to get the sample pictures and video off the phone.

Thanks for any help.
    You are correct.

Download it to your phone > open the app > start deleting

You CAN delete the stock ringtones, pictures, videos, mms characters etc...

GREAT APP
    06-17-09 07:42 AM
    I'm trying to reinstall the preloaded sample pictures & ringtones. Not sure how I deleted them, but I have NO ringtones now. All helpful info welcome.
    10-24-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD