Since there was no response to my last post....

Curious how ppl pocket the Storm? How do you carry it in your pocket without mashing the "button" and small buttons on bottom and sides?

Please share what works best. (PS- holster=huge and crappy so that's not an option)
    10-29-09 08:25 PM
    I'm on my 3rd storm and won't ever pocket it again -- at least not in jeans. Too many buttons got pressed and I think this also contributed to two cracked screens. Thankfully I have insurance on the phone, but I'm not as likely to do this again.
    10-29-09 08:27 PM
    I'm very hard on phones. I had to buy the otterbox defender. It's worked well for me so far and its been a while.
    10-29-09 08:29 PM
    i use a leather horizontal holster but when i dont feel like using it i just throw it in my pocket as is always with the screen towards my leg to prevent bumping into something and accidentally cracking the screen. i do hit the lock button prior to dropping it in my pocket or in the holster to prevent any buttons from being hit by accident.

ive never had to replace a phone due to damage from me...
    10-29-09 08:33 PM
    i got the hard cover thing from VZ dub....it's saved my previous Storms(on my third) from drops a few times...it has raised edges and the back is too...so, i just slide it down into my pocket and press the lock button at the same time....works good for me

and, yeah, i make sure that the screen is facin my leg....not because of any screen cracking fears, but, just cause....now i know it's a good thing to do....
    10-29-09 08:33 PM
    I wear cargo pants almost exclusively, so I've got lots of pockets so it's easy to pick an empty one to put the phone it. That being said, I'd much rather put it in a holster that both protects the screen and buttons and puts it to sleep. And when I go out for the day I do. But around the house and yard, I drop it in a pocket.
    10-29-09 09:37 PM
    I carry mine:
    When I walk it gets carried, and when I sit it gets set down beside me
    10-29-09 09:40 PM
    ok, thanks.

I always have it in my pocket. Is there a way to lock it that doesn't require entering the password when I want to use it?

I know my Pearl had "Standby". Anyway to do this with a Storm?
    10-29-09 09:59 PM
    BerrySlider/StormSlider best application ever. Its just like the iPhone and you can choose to have a password or not. It also activates when you press the lock button. Just slide to the right and wa-lah
    10-29-09 10:23 PM
    I'm using pattern lock lite,you can setup to lock the screen imediately after the backlight turn off,and I also put it in my front pocket facing my leg so it won't bump to anything hard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 11:01 PM
    i use a case mate case and when i put it in my pocket i just hit the lock button

I dont see the prob here there is a lock button for a reason
    10-30-09 12:25 AM
    I don't pocket mine unless I'm just going to the mailbox and stuff. I almost killed it too many times with it in my pocket because I'd lean up against things or something. The worst was when I shoved it in my pocket while moving and furniture and stuff was getting up against it. Getting the screen and buttons pushed a lot makes it go all freaky, not to mention the risk of breaking the glass or the mid-plate button. Holster is best, IMO!
    10-30-09 01:30 AM
    case name 'speck' is cool also. may avoid all those thing.
    10-30-09 08:24 AM
    ok, thanks.

I always have it in my pocket. Is there a way to lock it that doesn't require entering the password when I want to use it?

I know my Pearl had "Standby". Anyway to do this with a Storm?
    Just hit the "lock" button on the top left of your phone.

To unlock it, just hit the button again.
    10-30-09 09:07 AM
    Ya, I do hit the lock button. But then when I hit it again to unlock it, I have to enter the password. It's not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to just press one button. I simplified my password so it's fast to enter for now.

Again, can't I just use the "Lock" button to put it in Standby, like I could on my Pearl? Then just have to hit the Lock again and bring it out of Standby? With the Pearl, push "Lock/Standby" button and it would just disable buttons, push it again and good to go; hold * and it would lock, prompting for Password in order to use.

Is there no option to do this with my Storm?

Also, how do I disable my Password. I can't chose to the that from my Options>Password menu... help with that please!
    10-30-09 09:44 AM
    Just disable the password option ..

option > password > disable

simple enough
    10-30-09 09:49 AM
    It won't let me.

When I do the Option> Password it won't let me select to "Enable/Disable". The button is grey and it won't let me select. That's what I need some advice on please.

How do I make it so I can select that button for the "Enable/Disable" function?
    10-30-09 10:02 AM
    Is your phone on BES? That may be a setting that is pushed by your company BES server (not really sure how all that works, just throwing it out there).

I carry mine in my front pocket. I usually don't lock the phone unless I have something else in the pocket with the phone (chapstick or something of that sort). I keep the screen out but I make sure not to lean on things with the phone in my pocket. Its not that hard to avoid.
    10-30-09 10:09 AM
    I put mine in a sunglass cleaner bag (you know, like one of the ones you get with Oakley/Spy shades) for scratches with a Incipio Feather for drops. Goes in my pocket everyday.
    10-30-09 10:15 AM
    had mine in a holster, then got a soft case and then started noticing dust (lint maybe?) getting under the screen. so I'm back to the holster.
    10-30-09 10:36 AM
    I bought a holster but it fits so tight its hard to get it out and I was missing phone calls from taking so long to get the phone out of the holster so I hardly ever use it. Mainly its in my purse in a side pocket. If I'm not taking my purse I'll slide it in my back pocket until I sit down and then I lay it on the table or whatever. While I'm at work it lays on the desk.
    10-30-09 10:43 AM
    Is your phone on BES? That may be a setting that is pushed by your company BES server (not really sure how all that works, just throwing it out there).

I carry mine in my front pocket. I usually don't lock the phone unless I have something else in the pocket with the phone (chapstick or something of that sort). I keep the screen out but I make sure not to lean on things with the phone in my pocket. Its not that hard to avoid.
    I have my phone on my own. So unless I pressed or did something to make it think it is, it should not be on BES. How can I check if it got on one or thinks its on one somehow? Can I turn that off?

If anyone has some knowledge on how to get "Disable" the password, please let me know. I go to Options> Password and then on the "Enable" button there is a small padlock symbol and I can not select the button.
    10-30-09 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD