One other note; if you learn rudimentary theme building, you can customize the S1 to suit your needs. Most of the themes I've used have been "almost perfect, except�"

I now have exactly what I want: slots for Meterberry and Berryweather, a large volume indicator that's always visible, hidden hotspots for large calendar and message today displays, and ten icons at the bottom. No animation, sliding docks or other memory holes.

It really makes the difference between a device I can tolerate and one I enjoy using.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 11:27 AM
    My .02 on the issue is that I will never again jump on the band wagon of a new device again. I had some real issues with the original Storm. Part of my issue was that it was my first BB and there was a learning curve inherent with that. So many issues with Storm 1 that I dumped it and VZW graciously gave me a Tour to replace it.

I had heard so much good about the Storm 1 and S2 after the OS updates that I was tempted back to try it. I really missed the screens size! I bought a used S1 on ebay and have been using it for over a week now with no issues! I'm loving it. The upgraded os made all the difference.

So for me it's lesson learned don't get a device until they have figured out the bugs.
    12-26-09 11:51 AM
    My upgrade is not til May so that's when I will be looking at my options. I don't really like the droid, its too manly for me. I need a phone that's going to be easy to type when I have my nails done.

12-26-09 12:03 PM
    I will be holding onto my Storm 1 until the Storm 3 comes... hopefully it will be an LTE device.
    12-26-09 01:25 PM
    Hold out? I don't have any problems with my Storm and have nothing against Blackberry.
    12-26-09 02:23 PM
    Even though my contract expires with Verizon in November 2010, I am eligible for my New Every Two upgrade in July. I love my Storm, and I know that my next phone will be a BB. I was in Verizon several weeks ago and played with the Storm 2, and besides the application memory and Wi-Fi, I couldn't really feel much of a difference and I was playing with it for quite some time. The typing also felt the same to me. I wasn't thouroughly wowed by it but I did like it.

A few days ago I unbricked my sister's Tour, and after reloading it with her apps she let me play around with it. It felt really nice in my hands, and it made me realize how much I've missed physical keyboards. I've also been lurking in the Pearl 9100 forum because the phone looks sweet, and it would be a serious contender if it were to come to Verizon. Who knows what I'll end up choosing.

12-26-09 03:07 PM
    The i-Phone can finally almost do what the Storm does.

I checked out the Droids and wasn't impressed.

I'm sticking with my Storm until someone comes out with something significantly better. I have no brand loyalty but I must admit, I am spoiled with the Storm and RIM at this point.

Ray
    12-26-09 07:21 PM
    I didn't think there would be so many people staying with the Storm or RIM. Good to know. I guess I will hold out for a few months and see what comes out.
    12-27-09 12:29 PM
    most people that chose not to stay probably arent still around to comment
    12-27-09 06:14 PM
    I'm staying with my storm for now I might just add a line and get another different phone but I'm staying with rim for sure but if they come out with something better then why not jump shop but I don't see that happening for quite sometime who knows just depends on what you like and features your looking for in your next choice of phone...

12-27-09 06:30 PM
    Still have a while before I can upgrade my phone without any additional fees.

But I'm going to take my time and try a few different phones before my 30 days is up next time. If I stick with BB it will be a more traditional one like the TOUR - RIM's OS just doesn't work as well on a touchscreen, and I just don't like their CLICK.

But I'm just not sure the BB platform is capable of keeping up with everything that we expect these phone to do today, their OS is very SLOW and simple compared with many others on the market. But it isn't so simple for 3rd party integration...

Some of the thing I've seen from Nexus One are VERY impressive, if Verizon get a version of this phone I will definitely be giving it a test "ride".
    12-28-09 11:08 AM
    most people that chose not to stay probably arent still around to comment
    I am sure you are correct.
    12-28-09 12:14 PM
    I'm on the fence. I've seen the Eris and from what I've done with it I like it. The next model should be nice (the Dragon?). Depending on what happens with the BB browser and OS between now and July will be what pushes me one way or the other. I think that id I went to the Android platform it wouldn't kill me to wait 15 minutes or so for the phone to poll my email accounts. As long as I can get hotmail and such on there I'll be OK. I still like my Storm but I think I want something more.

I'll just have to see what's out when my upgrade rolls around.
    12-28-09 12:31 PM
    i'm sticking with my S1. I have played with the S2 and I don't see any reason to upgrade. S1 will do everything the S2 will do. Honestly I like the way my S1 screen clicks better than the S2. The S2 is actually harder to push.
    Got the S1 the day is came out and have never needed to replace it.
    12-28-09 12:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD