dropped your Storm?

More importantly, how did you feel after?
    12-12-08 03:49 PM
    I was in a State of Shock!

Then I scrambled to make sure it was in tact!

When I bought my Storm on the 21st the CSR Dropped my Phone!

I wanted to Slap Her.
    12-12-08 03:51 PM
    Not once. Waiting for the day...and when it comes, I hope someone has a EMT nearby.
    12-12-08 03:53 PM
    Same here. I've been carrying it around like a baby. I would have the same feeling if my Storm feel to the ground or if a baby would...

Well, maybe a little worse for the Storm...
    12-12-08 03:55 PM
    I thought you were going to say something like

"...whack off to the Storm" HAHAHA

I'm careful with all my electronics. Just waiting for Seidio to release their Innocase and holster for extra protection. Now that I said that...I'm going to jinx myself.
    12-12-08 03:56 PM
    Yes my initial reaction when ANY of my phones fall is to mentally and physically yell out:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    12-12-08 03:56 PM
    That's the reaction I was going for!
    12-12-08 03:57 PM
    My storm took its first tumble yesterday. I was listening to music while on a run and didn't secure it 100% in the holster and it went flying. All I could think was "F*CK,F*CK,F*CK,F*CK" The silver lining around the phone is scratched but so far it still works.
    12-12-08 04:01 PM
    Twice. Once from a sitting position onto carpet, once from a standing position onto concrete. All is well aside from a few minor dings.
    12-12-08 04:04 PM
    Not yet, in fact in the last 13 years I have only dropped a cell phone twice--I am pretty careful.
    12-12-08 04:23 PM
    Twice, both while in the car. First time I accelerated from a stop light and the darn thing flew out of the cradle and crashed down on the center console. I think my wife was more concerned about it than I was because she knows how ridiculously anal I am about taking care of my phones. A week later, I was driving down the road when the cradle suction cup let loose from the windshield and the whole thing came crashing down. This time the Storm landed on the floor of the passenger seat. No visible cosmetic damage, but I swear the bluetooth connection doesn't work as well as it did before. Oh well, that's what phone insurance is for, right? Probably just my imagination anyway. Two drops in 3 weeks. I had my XV6700 for almost 3 years and only dropped it once. And in an unrelated incident, I opened a bottle of soda which promptly fizzed up and spewed out all over the place. I moved the Storm just in time to avoid flooding it with 7-Up. That one actually scared me more than either of the two drops.
    12-12-08 05:09 PM
    I dropped my phone, of course, while I was out shopping for a case to protect the phone in case I drop it.......

I missed my pocket, and watched as the Storm fell, hit a metal shelf, bounced, and then hit the tile floor.

Amazingly -- not a scratch on it. But for a few minutes I was going over every inch of the phone with my stomach in my throat.
    12-12-08 05:42 PM
    Once. It was like slow motion watching it float down towards the asphalt street. I couldn't react fast enough, as if time stood still!. Bottom line, I had the silicon sleave on it and no scratches, dents or anthing. Perfect! Dodged a bullet.
    12-12-08 09:01 PM
    First time yesterday. Went to take it out of back pocket and lost my grip on it. "O, S***t" As it crashed onto the hardwood floors in our house. Luckily it landed screen side up! Not a scratch or problem. Screen clicks better than ever!!!
    12-14-08 11:50 PM
    I dropped mine the other day getting out of the car. I had it in my hand and then I was like ohhh no. It smacked it's face on the concrete. My right silver bar has seen better days since then
    12-15-08 12:07 AM
    I dropped mine just yesterday.. when i hopped out of the truck, and since it was in the hoody pocket which is loose and i leaned over to grab something off the ground. i gently fell to the concrete then bounced not once, but twice on the sides. then after it had finished bouncing it slide on the back side of the phone with the screen up. Thank goodness the the silicon case that i had bought from day one, everything but the phone itself got scratches.... Oh yea, i also screamed at my self in my head saying "I cant believe you didn't put that in an enclosed pocket."

no more incidents since then
    12-15-08 12:17 AM
    Five or six times... Doesn't really worry me though... Its just a phone and if i break it ill just buy another.
    12-15-08 12:23 AM
    So far only one drop.. I have had a few near drops, however my reflexes seem to be quicker than I thought at times . Everything came to a screeching halt as I watched it go but luckily it was on a very thin piece of carpet so nothing bad cosmetically and seems to work ok otherwise.
    12-15-08 12:24 AM
    Five or six times... Doesn't really worry me though... Its just a phone and if i break it ill just buy another.
    yea, but its ******* $500
    12-15-08 12:25 AM
    not yet. but i have been celebrating phone safety awareness month ever since i got it. It has really made me realize how much i didnt care about my old phone. i would actually cry if someone treated my storm the way i treated my old phone.

Anyone else put their hands under it, like a safety net, when handing it to people to look at? I get some real good looks for that one.
    12-15-08 12:28 AM
    yea, but its ******* $500
    So? Mate you own a BB, not to sound like a **** but $500 is pocket change.
    12-15-08 12:38 AM
    I was having some evening drinks on a mate's balcony up on the 7th floor. I wanted to show off how cool Speed Racer looks on the screen, but my hand was a bit wet from the icy cold bottle of beer I was holding and my Storm slipped out my grip and went over the balcony and started to tumble. It was like that beginning scene out of The Matrix, watching my Storm spiral towards the street far below. Just before it was about to hit the street and explode in a hundred pieces, a friendly pigeon swooped down and plucked my phone from the skies and returned it safely to me! Geeze, talk about lucky!
    12-15-08 05:39 AM
    I put mine in my shirt pocket (around the breast area) while I'm at work, and it's fallen out numerous times when I bend over. I'm used to my Pearl with my silicon case, so it would stay snug in that pocket.

I have the VZW plastic case and whenever my phone falls, the case just opens up and the phone goes bouncing on the floor. That's what happened at work. There's really no damage though.
    12-15-08 05:44 AM
    only been dropped once, onto concrete but thankfully i was talked into the hard plastic armor casing and it took the hit. 0 damage not even a scratch but my stomach was doing back flips
    Last edited by schoondog; 12-15-08 at 05:48 AM. Reason: sp
    12-15-08 05:47 AM
    I haven't dropped my Storm as yet, but know it will come. Last time I dropped my 8830, i had a brain fart sort of and figured if i kicked it with my foot i would get a second chance to catching it. No luck but it survived.
    12-15-08 08:31 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD