View Poll Results: How many Storm replacements have you gotten?

Voters
154. You may not vote on this poll
  • None

85 55.19%

28 18.18%

17 11.04%

18 11.69%
  • More than 3

6 3.90%
    people on the original storm are in denial
    12-21-08 01:19 PM
    None, mine was great right out of the box and it gets better everyday :-).

Tom.
    12-21-08 01:25 PM
    Still on my original .. no issues upgraded to the .75 leak a week after I got it ..screen is fine OS is stilla little buggy .. but I'll wait for a newer offical verison update...I think alot of the returns are from new BB users who were either just not familiar with how the device functions or got scared from the initial " This thing doesnt work posts"
    12-21-08 01:37 PM
    interesting

perhaps it is different for verizon employees

i was told i would be shipped a storm immediately (would arrive within the next 24-48 hrs) but my account would be billed $200 first

I would receive credit once i returned one of the Storms and that credit would be reflected 1-2 bill cycles later
    The only thing I can think of is that I'm a new customer to Verizon and I have the insurance on the Storm. Other than that I didn't do anything special.

Never had any problems. I think a lot of people complain about the oddest things. I read some of these posts and if I was Verizon, I would complain more about all the damn returns. Geeeezz
    I agree 100% with you bro. I tried not to call, but the screen is unresponsive on the bottom, and my right convenience key doesn't work when I set it to certain programs. I just couldn't take it anymore and called to request a replacement. The people whole get a ton of replacements for lag, etc bum me out.
    12-21-08 06:28 PM
    how did you get a free replacement?

I was told I would have to be billed $200 first for a replacement
    there are definitely different verizon policies on whether or not someone is charged for replacements and how fast they're sent out. probably based on customer history and size of account. the ideal is no charge replacement that is sent priority overnight delivery (delivered by 10am the next day). if they don't offer that to you, it can't hurt to ask why.
    12-21-08 06:48 PM
    i feel sorry for you guys with the defected storms. since day 1 my storm has been working fine
    12-21-08 07:03 PM
    When i voted i check 1, but i mean i have had the one that i got on the friday it was released. first one is fine. no issues
    12-21-08 07:08 PM
    On my second storm. This one is running like a lambo lol.
    12-21-08 07:15 PM
    Last thursday called with screen click issue, dust and the menu button work about half. Went to local store got a brand new one out of a box. Came home and by Sunday I had 4 dark lines from the buttons shooting up into the middle of the screen. Also a dark spot in the upper left hand corner. I should have my new one by friday. The cs was very sorry ...lol I asked about fru and new and all that.. he said these are brand new in brown boxes because the customer doesnt need all the stuff from a new box. I asked him what If I have issues with this one. He said call me back and I will keep replacing it until Im satisfied. With each one he said my 30 days gets reset.
    12-22-08 11:05 AM
    First unit had some problems from day one. got a replacement two weeks ago and with the update it is running pretty good. hopefully the updates will fix the software issues.
    12-23-08 01:25 PM
    On my second one. But I see now what I was missing. She's solid and rocks..may have convinced someone to keep theirs at a bar this weekend. Def. Got a few oos. And ahhs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vv; 12-23-08 at 01:35 PM.
    12-23-08 01:32 PM
    i thought my first one was ok as far as the clicking was concerned but there was a dead pixel. My second one blew me away as far as clicking... Its one of those things where you just have to see what else is out there to realize how bad you have it.

sadly, the second one had a dead pixel as well so it went back. The third one had a perfect screen, but the click was by far the worst. and it had dust issues.

Finally, im on the fourth and the screen click is amazing, even better than the second, no dead pixels... but DUST creeps in every day. Sadly this isnt a warrantable fix and im already past the 30 day...
    12-23-08 01:42 PM
    i thought my first one was ok as far as the clicking was concerned but there was a dead pixel. My second one blew me away as far as clicking... Its one of those things where you just have to see what else is out there to realize how bad you have it.

sadly, the second one had a dead pixel as well so it went back. The third one had a perfect screen, but the click was by far the worst. and it had dust issues.

Finally, im on the fourth and the screen click is amazing, even better than the second, no dead pixels... but DUST creeps in every day. Sadly this isnt a warrantable fix and im already past the 30 day...
    I read somewhere on here that they extended the time to return to 1/15/09 for everyone that purchased the phone during the holiday season..Including first day it came out..search the forum you might not be out of luck
    12-23-08 04:56 PM
    my original is still with me. I did have moments of wishing it turned it in, but it always pulls through.
    12-23-08 05:14 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD