I'm just curious how many people are actually not in a contract with any provider and will be signing up for a brand new verizon 2yr deal? Gauging best buy pre-order sales, as they do not offer any of the price discounts for current cust. And they more than definitely cannot modify a current customer's account that is still in contract.

My guess is most people are either adding another line for $10 or are trying to do an early upgrade within their 2yr contract. Probably alot of NE2 aswell.

I just never thought of places like best-buy having much success in cell phone resale. I could be very wrong though *shrug*. Could be the reason why their stock is going to depend on pre-order sales.
    11-06-08 07:33 AM
    I'm just curious how many people are actually not in a contract with any provider and will be signing up for a brand new verizon 2yr deal? Gauging best buy pre-order sales, as they do not offer any of the price discounts for current cust. And they more than definitely cannot modify a current customer's account that is still in contract.

My guess is most people are either adding another line for $10 or are trying to do an early upgrade within their 2yr contract. Probably alot of NE2 aswell.

I just never thought of places like best-buy having much success in cell phone resale. I could be very wrong though *shrug*. Could be the reason why their stock is going to depend on pre-order sales.
    My contract with VZW expired in September. If the Storm is released soon and I like it, I will sign up for a new contract to benefit from the discounts. Otherwise, it will be on to ATT for me with iPhone or Bold.
    Last edited by Livefit2001; 11-06-08 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Add a line.
    11-06-08 07:39 AM
    The NE2 customer is basically the same someone without a contract/new customer...no?

EDIT: I just re-read your post and see what you are speaking of re: BestBuy. I would think there would be some form of Verizon style discounts/guidelines put in place. Otherwise BestBuy will only get one segment of the Storm population...
    11-06-08 08:31 AM
    My VZW contract was up in December of 2007. When I had called to make some service changes, it was the rep that told me about the coming Storm. I'm planning on re-upping when the Storm is finally available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 08:33 AM
    My three year contract with Telus ended May 28 2008. And now Im just waiting on the Storm. We have been with Telus since like, forever so Im sure if I phoned retentions they could get me a deal.
    11-06-08 09:19 AM
    Hi all I've been lurking for a while and decided to participate..

My Verizon contract was up in September, but on 10/30 I re-upped and grabbed a Curve. It was either that or I snapped my moto Q in half the next time it froze. I've been VERY happy with my first BB over the past few days..

I really want the Storm - so hopefully it will be released within 30 days so I can return my Curve.

I did tell the guys at Verizon about my plans to return the Curve for the Storm - and they didn't seem to care at all. They said if there is a delay in the release I could even call Verizon and they will most likely EXTEND MY RETURN PERIOD PAST 30 DAYS!!

Also, two different Verizon workers both said the Storm will be released on 11/14 or 11/15 - take it for what it's worth...
    11-06-08 09:24 AM
    My contract with VZW expired in September. If the Storm is released soon and I like it, I will sign up for a new contract to benefit from the discounts. Otherwise, it will be on to ATT for me with iPhone or Bold.
    100% exact same shoes
    11-06-08 09:33 AM
    I've always purchased my phones else where without getting into the 2 year contract.
    11-06-08 09:35 AM
    I have three lines on at&t two of them expired 6 months ago, 3rd ends next march.I will be switching to verizon for the storm. Not sure what to do with my thrid line just yet
    11-06-08 09:59 AM
    I have been Out of Contract with Verizon for several months. I will be picking up the Storm, and depending on what I think. If I like it I will stay with Big RED, if not I am AT&T bound for the iPhone. Either phone fits my needs and either service is pretty comparable for me in my location.
    11-06-08 10:11 AM
    Well I'm still in contract with my phone and will just be buying the storm at no contract price and NOT signing another 3 yr with Telus. My husband will be signing a 3yr and getting a 300 discount on the storm as well.
    11-06-08 10:58 AM
    Been out of contract and on a month to month basis with VZW for the past ten days.
    11-06-08 11:03 AM
    I couldn't imagine being tethered down with Verizon for 3yrs! 2yrs is good enough for me, how do y'all do it?

11-06-08 11:08 AM
    I just upgraded to a new contract a couple months ago to get the curve, so I can't get the Storm with a discount for my number. BUT, I do have 3 lines total under my account. So I will get it under my fiance's number and just activate it under my number. Then I'll give her my Curve.
    11-06-08 11:09 AM
    Uhhh, does she know ur doing this? Lol.

11-06-08 11:16 AM
    Uhhh, does she know ur doing this? Lol.

LOL. Yes she does. At first I was going to get her the Storm. But it's too nice, I want it first. Anyways she's getting an upgrade from the LG enV to the Curve. Once I'm eligible for another upgrade, I'll get the Storm for her.
    11-06-08 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD