How long do you think Verizon will have Exclusivity rights on the Storm???

I want to get a storm but I do not like Verizon.
    11-05-08 12:21 PM
    from what i have heard not very long i think someone was saying like barly into the new year or sometime like that .. cx would know and be the one to ask tho.
    11-05-08 12:24 PM
    As long as the iphone is on just AT&T.
    11-05-08 12:25 PM
    Probably about 3-6 months.
    11-05-08 12:27 PM
    No other american carrier will offer the Storm...Verizon has the exclusiv rights forever..like AT&T for the iPhone
    11-05-08 12:27 PM
    what? att does not have rights "FOREVER"

nothing lasts forever...remember that
    11-05-08 12:34 PM
    With the acquisition of Alltel to make them the number one carrier, that alone could decide it to be for a very long time.
    11-05-08 12:44 PM
    From what I have heard it is a lifetime deal as long as sales quotas are met. Btw Iphone was supposed 5 year exclusive starting in 06 of course we have heard rumors of a vzw iphone we will see tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-08 12:51 PM
    Verizon huh.....wowzers! Where are these rumors foretold?

11-05-08 01:04 PM
    And I have heard from a pretty reliable source that the iPhone 3G isn't the new phone that will be for sale at WalMart later this month.
    11-05-08 01:06 PM
    No other american carrier will offer the Storm...Verizon has the exclusiv rights forever..like AT&T for the iPhone
    Storm, Thunder, Hurricane, Tsunami. Call it what you will, but it will be available (and with wifi) in this country next year.
    11-05-08 01:12 PM
    Storm, Thunder, Hurricane, Tsunami. Call it what you will, but it will be available (and with wifi) in this country next year.
    and on GSM (just being thorough )
    11-05-08 01:20 PM
    This was the last question in a an email I got from my corporate rep...I think it is taken from a recent CNET Q & A:

Q: Will the BlackBerry Storm be available for T-mobile? And if so, how soon?

A: For now, the BlackBerry Storm will be a Verizon Wireless exclusive, but I would say chances are pretty high that the Storm will eventually make the rounds to the other major carriers. If you look at the BlackBerry Curve, the BlackBerry Pearl, and the BlackBerry 8800 series, you'll see that these models are all available from the four major carriers, and some of the regional service providers, so I see the same happening with the BlackBerry Storm. Unfortunately, if you aren't with Verizon, I don't see it landing at AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile until after the new year.
    11-05-08 01:22 PM
    I think it ran out two weeks ago... Leave it to VZW to not launch a phone before their exclusive runs out...

Totally kidding... But serious at the same time!

Lol

11-05-08 01:23 PM
    There are ways around exclusivity deals. By making a few modifications to the phone (such as wifi), suddenly it is not the storm/9530/9500 anymore.
    11-05-08 01:28 PM
    There are ways around exclusivity deals. By making a few modifications to the phone (such as wifi), suddenly it is not the storm/9530/9500 anymore.
    Not necessarily true. It would always be about the agreements between the two companies. If that was the case, Apple could slap a flash on the iPhone, throw in a CMDA chip and sell the iPhone on Sprint or Verizon.
    11-05-08 02:07 PM
    Hi first of all congrats with your new President Mr.Barack Obama.

Now about the deal and it's exclusivity..all I know that over here (Netherlands) The Storm is only for Vodafone for 12 months.They also say that its like 16 or 17th of November!!!!
    And its going to be a worldwide launch/premiere!!!!

I work in the telecommarket.
    Now Verizon wil probably have/got the same deal....why because the own like 45 % of Vodafone..So it must be also 12 months with a option to another deal.

But anyway they should release it now that crap of software issues is a big joke.
    Come on they tested the device @RnD?
    11-05-08 02:44 PM
    My guess is 2010 with an extension clause that factors in the iPhone's exclusivity
    11-05-08 02:45 PM
    the life of the phone. We have already went over this. Even if it weren't exclusively for verizon, why would att want to ruin a relationship with apple by offering a direct competitor device? Apple only bailed them out of a certain bk

Verizon Wireless, RIM Unleash a Storm - BusinessWeek

"On Oct. 8, Verizon Wireless and RIM said that beginning in November, the device will be available exclusively to Verizon Wireless customers in the U.S. and to Vodafone customers in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. Verizon Wireless will be the exclusive Storm carrier for as long as the device is sold, the companies said. "
    11-05-08 05:57 PM
    Reliable sources from the CB community have hinted that a GSM verion will be hitting North American GSM carriers next year. As for the length of the exclusivity of the Storm with Verizon, if the GSM version was to be called something else then maybe the exclusivity rights for the Storm would be irrelevant.
    11-05-08 06:48 PM
    Ok skyys read the above post this is a different situation. Th storm is lifetime exclusive. Notice that gsm and cdma ARE BOTH called the storm hence no chance at it appearing on another carrier(att tmobile) oh and reputable poster saying north america they are right....telus and/or rogers are in north america.

11-05-08 07:57 PM
    bring the claws back LOL!! j/k

what? att does not have rights "FOREVER"

nothing lasts forever...remember that
    11-05-08 08:11 PM
    Ok skyys read the above post this is a different situation. Th storm is lifetime exclusive. Notice that gsm and cdma ARE BOTH called the storm hence no chance at it appearing on another carrier(att tmobile) oh and reputable poster saying north america they are right....telus and/or rogers are in north america.

A version of the Storm will hit the US GSM carriers next year. I never said it would be called the "Storm."
    Last edited by skyys; 11-06-08 at 12:43 AM.
    11-06-08 12:41 AM
    Has there ever been a bberry exclusive like this? I know gsm carriers had a lock on the curve but t mob and att had pretty close to each other. don't thik they would have gone to trouble to lock uo exclusive for 2 months...didn't the minute with mike mention that...

11-06-08 11:02 AM
    I have seen the same thing as skyys. I believe they are also suggesting that the North American GSM version will have WiFi as one of the differences. Time will tell.
    11-06-08 12:13 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD